Chapter 26: Friends, or more?

One more fluff Chapter before the great angst

Kazuha was slightly nervous, well he didn't expect much even if they made up with Scaramouche, but he still subconsciously wanted to impress the guy. Not for any special reason or anything just- you know. He wanted to look presentable for an event like that. Totally not because he mas or may not have developed a small crush on him after he saw his nicer side.

Not at all.

Either way he got ready and went to the school, the music loud, the area crowded. Scaramouche nowhere to be seen though.

Honestly he guessed he wasn't even gonna be able to be with him, Ayaka was supposed to be his date or whatever. Being a business heir makes things a lot more complicated even for a friendship.

He was looking around, waiting and hoping to find his friend.

Sooner or later he spotted a dark bluish purple haired boy in the crowd, his height not exactly helping the chances of keeping track of him. Kazuha didn't hesitate, walking towards the figure but then he saw a light blue haired girl, Ayaka.

She was talking with Scaramouche, standing in front of each other. He knew they had to act like friends at least but Scaramouche had to spend a lot of time with her. And he was afraid that one day the hardly built friendship they finally had will be replaced.

Who was he kidding, Scarouche wouldn't do that. He bailed his parents out of jail what more did Kazuha need to trust him?
As he approached them the dark haired boy looked at him immediately. Oh crap he even looked better than usual. If there was one thing that annoyed Kazuha about Scaramouche it's his devilishly good looks. He was wearing a dark purple shirt with a black suit, a red tie and black pants that were tight around just the right places.

Kazuha snapped out of his daze, finally saying hi to the guy who just greeted him back with an amused smirk.

"Your face is almost as red as the stripe in you hair"

"Oh shut your mouth. Not my fault that it's hot in here-."

"Hot in here you say? I think the weather isn't the problem" Ayaka chimed in with a sly grin, dumbfounding Kazuha. He thought she would try to follow their act.

"I- what are you talking about-"

"We all know what she's talking about Kazuha, the less you deny it the sooner you get away"

"I- yeah yeah whatever"
The boy finally gave in, admitting the very obvious fact that he was blushing. Scaramouche just chuckled clearly feeding his ego off of this.

"Should I leave you two alone?"
The light haired girl questioned, to which Scaramouche wrapped an arm around Kazuha's waist

"I think so, also I saw Thoma around the tables"

"Hey- let go of me-"

"Why? Don't you wanna dance with me?"

"Don't get too cocky just because I forgave you"

"You won't stop me anyway, will you?"

Kazuha huffed, admitting defeat and they started dancing around, Ayaka already gone to hang out with Thoma.

They danced on and on through the night, not caring about anything but each other, talking, bickering, teasing, if someone looked at them they would think they're dating.

And maybe both of them wanted to.

Maybe Kazuha did have feelings for him.

He had to admit that by now.