THE NIGHT OF BATTLE

RAJKUMARI CHITRA DEVKI RAJPUT

"Rajkumari ! Rajkumari." Shouts of Vijaya my best friend broke my sleep. "Devgiri had attacked us suddenly. And Senapati is dead. The army had already departed for battlefield." She said trying to catch her breath. I was shocked. The battle is not for another week then why this surprise attack. "Rajkumari Mitra is calling you." Mitra's best friend arrogantly ordered me. Hai Maa Durga for well being of kingdom. Let Devgiri win the war. I prayed as we reached Mitra's chambers. She didn't thought anything and connected the whip in her hand with my back with such force that I fallen on ground. "Ahh...." I shouted as another whip connected with my back.

The whip being new doesn't make the punishment less. Whenever Mitra or Maya are stressed they call one of us sisters and beat us to pulp. But they take care the we should not have scars. No one in palace are kind to us let alone respect us. If whipping is less she kicked in my stomach. My throat had long gone sore as I whimpered. I lost count after 70 strikes. I just hope I died and this all end along with this cruel kingdom of Dalpatdargh.

This kingdom must die if we want our future to be bright. Hai Maa Durga if I had ever done anything nice then please let this kingdom abolish today and let the new sun raise by tomorrow morning. A new era of knowledge and prosperity. I prayed as the whip continued to make contact with my back non stop. I prayed that I pass out soon due to the terrible pain. It felt like my back is splitting into pieces. I felt as if the flesh on my back is torn out and my bones and muscles are on full display. The pain is unbearable. How I am still conscious is beyond me. A tried to sign in relief when the dark spots began to cover my eye sight.

As I am moments away from losing consious Mitra splashed cold water on my face. Taking away the sweet darkness from my badly battered and broken soul. "You think I will let you go this easily." She smirked as she lifted me by roots of my hairs. I thought they are gonna come out of their follicles. I whimpered weakly as she drowned my head on the large flower pot kept near her bed. I tried to struggle against her for breath. My lungs burning with the need for air. As I felt I am gonna pass out she thrown me on ground. Such that my ankle twisted. She began to whip me again.

"Rajkumari Mitra. The armies are back from battlefield." A maid told her as she rushed out of there to meet them. Leaving me behind on god's will. My heart broke into thousands of pieces. Look like we can never exit from this hell hole. After sometime I heard screams of people. Maybe the prisoners of war. My mind thought. After sometime I felt sunrays on my face. Maybe someone opened the door. I felt as someone lifted my head in lap. "Sumraj call a physician." I heard a soothing male voice shouting. I saw a shadow lean over me. "Don't you dare to close your eyes. Look in my eyes."

I looked into his coffee brown eyes as he lifted my head in his lap. "Please stay with me." He said lightly carcassing my face. "Please." He pleaded. In my entire life on one had ever looked at me with this much emotions. His warm coffee brown eyes filled with regret and love and maybe respect. This are some of the emotions I thought I will never see in anyone. I tried to tell him to leave. That my father will kill him and his entire family if he tried to help. But my eyes are unmoved from his face and his coffee brown eyes kept me captive till drakness came for my rescue.

MAHARAJ AYUDHIK VIJAY KUMAR DEVRAJ

"How is the after war law and order ?" I asked my temporary right hand and a cunning fox Sumraj Bhanusara. I am damned sure he is just another spy Maharaj Arun sent for me. "Triveni Regiment had already taken charge." He said as we entered the capital gates with saffron flags decorated with my crest. The raising sun in background with a wolf on foreground. Our soilders bowing to us respectfully. "It is a good idea to send army and Karan here before coming ourself. It saved alot of headache." Sumraj said as I simply nodded. I smiled when I saw Virendra and his son's half or nearly full dead bodies handing on capital's main square. "Throw all the people loyal to Virendra in jail." I ordered. As watched the fort which is in lockdown. All people are ordered to be locked in their houses and places.