Chapter 14

You watched as your seatmate flirted with the class president, Ayumi. She's a good leader who's popular and beloved by everyone in the class. No wonder Nahoya would take an interest in her. Hearing them giggle and flirt with each other makes your stomach churn.

Closing the novel you were reading, you left your seat and went to Souya who's diligently doing his homework.

"Hey Sou, why are doing homework already? It's due after exams"

"Oh hi Y/n, I'm just doing it now so I don't have any more worries later...but if I'm being honest I just don't have anything to do or anyone to talk to" Souya blushed, admitting he felt quite lonely. You knew he was an introvert and the permanent scowl on his face that intimidated other people didn't help him gain many friends as his brother does.

"Well, I'm here. We can talk...but since you were honest with me I'll also tell you this. I left my seat just to avoid hearing your twin flirt with Ayumi, they're sickening" You shudder and pointed at them who are still in the same spot.

Souya let out a sigh and sympathizes with you. He had his fair share of being the third wheel whenever Nahoya brought along a girl.

You were reminded of your conversation with Chifuyu yesterday, thus you asked Souya. "Hey uh..is your brother always like that? Like even outside of school?.. Did he have many girlfriends and flings?"

Hearing your questions, Souya stopped writing and looked at you. "Unfortunately he is...he had a bunch of girlfriends before but this year he said couldn't be bothered to have one since being in a committed relationship is too much work and the girl gets too clingy and possessive of him"

Yep, looks like Chifuyu is right, Nahoya is a walking red flag. What were you even expecting? Just because he flirts with you daily? That's only because you're seated next to him thus he settled for you, and since he's friends with everyone in the class, they support his antics.

"Y/n..?" Souya titled his head and stared at your unreadable expression.

"..oh! Sorry I was just remembering all those rumors I heard about Nahoya. Dang...so basically he just wants the fun and thrill of it without putting too much effort and having his wings cut off?"

"Y-yes...Y/n, I hope you don't believe every rumor you've heard. Brother has a questionable reputation afterall but despite his carefree and fickle attitude, he's a good person"

"Yeah. I know that.." You glanced at Nahoya again who's now holding Ayumi's waist and pulling her to the corner of the classroom, behind the bookshelf.

You internally cringed and looked around the classroom to see everyone just minding their own business and not seeing those two being too touchy with each other.

Thankfully the bell rang and everyone returned to their seats. You already saw Nahoya flirt with other girls a lot and never cared. But this time you seem to be more annoyed than before, you shook your head and just focused on the lessons.

༺❀༻

"Hey pumpkin, ready to spend the rest of the afternoon with yours truly" He flashed you his signature smile and handed you his spare helmet.

Normally you would give back a witty response or bicker about not calling you by another nickname. You simply shrugged and accepted the helmet "Let's just go. You know where Kei cafe is, right?"

"Yup!"

The two of you bid goodbye to Souya and went to the cafe you chose.

As soon as you two arrived, you went to business immediately that you couldn't care less about the guy at the counter who greeted you and Nahoya.

"Nahoya, go order whatever you want, I'll just get an iced coffee" You said to him and went to the corner where it's quiet, you began taking out the study materials you made.

The peach-haired guy stared at you, as he noticed your sour mood. He just shrugged it off and went to order.

As soon as he got the drinks and snacks, he sat down beside you who was busy arranging the papers. "I'm back pumpkin, here's your iced coffee" he handed you the drink and looked around the café to see customers also busy with reading or studying "Damn, there are only a few people and they're all so serious and quiet."

"I specifically chose this café so we can focus. Now, I want you to stop wasting time and read this, I need to go home before 7" You handed him one of the reviewers you made.

Nahoya looked at the papers you handed him and his eyes widened "Woah... aren't these too long"

You gripped the paper you were holding "I tried my best to summarize it as much as I can so your pea brain can comprehend. I also highlighted the very important parts that you might need to memorize" you said through gritted teeth.

"They're all highlighted" Nahoya joked as he let out a chuckle, not all were actually highlighted but a lot of words were.

You slammed your hands on the table and hissed "Look bud, I worked on that all night just for your sorry ass" You leaned closer to him as he looked at your eyes full of irritation and annoyance. "Stop complaining every goddamn minute and just study"

He moved away from you who looked like you were about to tear him to pieces. "Woah Woah...aight calm down, you've been snappy ever since school ended, what's up with you? Is it that time of the month?" 

"Me? Nothing's wrong! Just dealing with a menace who knows nothing but complain" you huffed and crossed your arms.

"Look doll, you were the one who suggested this—"

"I suggested this because I wanted to help you! Now I'm starting to regret"

"Fine! If you're gonna be like that then let's just end this—"

One of the customers in the cafe shushed both of you, they said you young couple should take your lover quarrel outside. You quickly regained your composure and apologized alongside Nahoya.

A minute of awkward silence filled the air, you were the first to speak "I-i'm sorry, I'm just..not in the mood. Here take all these, I'll get going now" You handed him all the reviewers you made and headed out of the cafe.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!