Chapter 6 Tum Mile

Aashna's POV
The next day I got right to work and started painting the waiting room..
"Hey! How's the painting going?" I heard behind me all of a sudden. I jumped back in surprise and lost balance off of the I'll ladder.
I fell back into his arms and didn't see his dark harsh eyes, but soft ones. I stared into them and suddenly got lost.
"Hi.." Aryan said smiling.
"Hi.... You are in a good mood today.." I said coming back into my senses.
He shrugged and put me down.
"So.. How do you like the sunset?" I asked looking back at the horizon I had painted.
"It's beautiful.. Man, I should have never underestimated you.." He said running his hand through his hair.
"Uh huh, Dekha I'm the best!! Soo.. What's up?" I asked.
"Well, I was going out to eat.. I was wondering did you want to join me?" He asked.
I nodded and said," Sure, umm.. I'll just go change.."
___________
I came back out of the bathroom and saw him standing against the wall..
"Shall we?" I said. He nodded and we walked to the car outside.
To my amazement, Aryan came around and opened my side of the car door. I frowned.. Wow he was being really nice.... He wasn't so bad if he isn't being a jerk.. He's so hard to understand..
When we got to the restaurant, Minar, Aryan did the same thing he did back at the office. I smiled and thanked him this time.
"This restaurant has the best butter chicken in all of the world!" Aryan said. We stepped inside and found a table. Aryan pulled out the chair out for me... What was this sudden change all about?
We ordered and waited for the food..
"Aryan, can I ask you a question?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Why are you always being so mean to people.. Especially me?"
His face fell and the smile on his face disappeared.
"I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have asked that.. Umm.. What are your hobbies?" Ugh, Aashna why are you asking him such stupid questions? Tera Rishta hone wala hai kya iske saath? Are you freaking getting married to him?
"I like working .. That's obvious.. But besides that I like traveling.. I kinda get to when I have international deals.. I am going to London tommorow night and coming in 3 days" he said.
"Oh..." I said.
We both finished dinner and decided to take a walk in a nearby park.
I sat on bench and looked at the beautiful sunset in front of me. It was just like one I had painted in the office.
"You know.." Aryan said as he sat down beside me.
" The reason I am so mean and rude to people is when people are nice to me.. I feel I don't deserve it.. I am rude to people because they need to stay away..I wasn't there with my sisters and my mom when my dad died.. Sia was only six and Arshi was only three!" I sat there in shock..
"I had gone to a school trip even though I knew my dad was sick.. I didn't want to go Aashna, but he forced me. He said that I should enjoy the life I have... When I came home.. My dad was lying there in the living room, dead... Everyone was mourning.. I didn't know what to do.. I was only seven, so I just went and hid under my bed.. I was so scared.." He said now tears rolling down his cheeks. Oh my God! Aryan has been through so much and I can't believe I called him a jerk! He must have this gulit for so many years that changed him..
I put my hand on his shoulder,"Aryan, that seven year old boy is still stuck under that bed till today.. He just needs a hand to pull him out of that darkness, that horror.. It wasn't your fault Aryan... You were told to live your life the way you want, and you should... You deserve all the happiness in the world Aryan.. Don't push people away from you.. You just need that hand to help you Aryan.." I said.
I looked into his eyes and saw the pain that he never shows to anyone ....
He then extended out his hand,"Will you be that hand?" I smiled and nodded..