Book 1 Ch 12: The Child

"That must be where they're keeping Korra."  Tenzin said, as the group watched the cart leave the station.

"Where?"  Y/N asked, sneaking up behind them, causing Bolin to punch him in the face on instinct.

"Don't do that!"  Bolin said, catching his breath after being scared.

"Keep it down.  We need to get down that tunnel."  Lin said, signaling the others to follow her.

They all got in the cart, and began making their way down the tunnel.  Once the cart got the next station, they were no where to be seen.  Two Equalists approached the cart to investigate.

"It's empty."  One of the said.

"Yeah, I can see that."  The other said, before the two were wrapped in Lin's metal wiring and dragged into the shadow's of the tunnel.

"You two, keep and eye on them."  Lin said to Bolin and Asami, before using her Seismic Sense to locate any of her officers and Korra.

"My officers are inside."  Lin said.

"What about Korra?"  Mako asked her.

"I don't see her yet."  Lin said, walking away to get her guards.

"They more than likely have her in a deeper part of the place, so it would be impossible for her to escape."  Y/N said, following Lin, Mako and Tenzin.

As they walked down the hallways, they came across two Equalists who looked to be guarding the cells.  Before they could attack, Tenzin sent a gust of air, knocking them into the wall behind them.  As Lin walked past them, Mako ran up to one, removed his mask, and began trying to get answers from them.

"Avatar Korra.  Where are you keeping her?"  Mako asked in a threatening voice.

"Mako, you need to keep a level head in these situations.  Letting your emotions take over your better judgement is the last thing you want to happen when you want to find someone you are care about."  Y/N warned, to which Mako ignored.

"Maybe you don't want to find her, but I do.  No matter what you say or do, your still an Equalist, so obviously, you wouldn't care to save someone who can bend the 4 elements."  Mako said, annoying Y/N and Tenzin.

Before Tenzin could say anything to defend Y/N, Y/N stepped forward, and gave Mako some of his own medicine.

"Well maybe all you see is someone who can bend the 4 elements, and get you and your weak brother a one way ticket out of homelessness, but unlike you, I care for who she is, even if she is arrogant and selfish at times.  Someone like you wouldn't understand."  Y/N said, trying to get on Mako's nerves.

Instead of arguing back, Mako decided to take it one step further, and activated his bending.

"I'll ask you one more time.  Where is she?"  He asked, lighting his hand with fire.

"We don't have the Avatar.  And the Equalists didn't attack city hall.  Tarrlok's lying."  The Equalist defended.

"What?"  Mako asked, lowering the man from the wall.

"I scanned the entire prison.  Korra's not here."  Lin said, arriving with her soldiers.

"Why would Tarrlok make up a story about getting attacked?"  Mako asked, dropping the man and dispersing his flames.

"Because he has Korra.  He fooled us all."  Tenzin said, as they all realized what had happened.

Just then, the alarms of the building went off, so they all had to get out of there as quick as possible.