Background Story

So, you know how I just like stopped about half way through Tangled Before Ever After? Well, I have been working on Y/n's background story so you guys have a better understanding of her before-princess life. Her life as a thief.
Here you go!
--------

"Come on Lance!" Young Flynn cried. "No. We are not bringing a 3 and a half year old with us on our escape." Young Lance argued. "Do you really want her to grow up miserable from living at that dumb orphanage?" Flynn asked. "At least its not us." Lance answered. "Lance! We are not gonna leave her! You seen how she is around us. She has to hold either mine or your leg, just so she doesn't cry!" Flynn whisper yelled. "Fine. Grab Y/n, and we start our plan tomorrow night." Lance gives in. "Awesome!" Flynn cheers.

8 years later:

"Flynn!" An 10 year old runs up to her 'brother'. She knows he's tenacity not her brother, but she goes with it.

"Look!" She smiles, her 2 front teeth missing showing. "What did you steal this time my little Starling Stealer?" Flynn ruffles her (h/c) hair. The little girl, now known as Starling Stealer, holds up an expensive emerald necklace.

"Score 1 for team awesome!" Flynn smiles. "Hehehe." Starling giggles at Flynn's funny victory dance.

"Now go to sleep. Its getting late out." Flynn pushes her head towards the cave they call home.

Its 10:42 at night. Flynn was still up, poking at a fire with a stick while Starling was under a fuzzy blanket and a soft pillow under her head, that they had stole together.

"Come on! The girl is probably asleep by now. We can catch her now." Flynn hears in the distance. "Yeah! And I hear Flynn Rider is with her." Some else says. It has to the guards. They must have followed Starling to their hideout.

Flynn looked back at her sleeping form. Honestly he thought she was cute! Well, like a little sister cute.

Flynn's thoughts were cut off by the guards' voices. He looked in the direction of the voices and quickly back at Starling.

"I'm sorry." He whispers before and running off, leaving you sleeping in the cave.

"There she is!" Flynn heard the Captain of the guards yell, back from the cave. He stopped in his tracks to turn around to make sure they weren't gonna hurt her. If they weren't, he was gonna run off again.

"F-Flynn." He heard Starling studder. He peeked around the tree he was hiding behind to see her sobbing, crying out for him. "Flynn!" She screamed out, nonstop crying.

"Come on. You're under arrest. Now, where's Rider?" Flynn heard a click echoing from the cave. He assumed that was handcuffs.
"I-I don't k-know." She studdred, obviously scared, but she stopped crying... for the most part.

"We know that you know where he is. So, STOP PLAYING DUMB!!!" Flynn watched as the Captain screams right in her face, making her eyes water.

"I-I don't know. *small sob* H-He told me to go sleep s- *longer small sob* s-since i-t was s-so late. He didn't e-even kiss my forehead g-goodbye l-like he u-usually d-does. I-I th-thought he *small sob* loved m-me. He m-must h-hate me. B-But like he al-always says 'E-Every man an-and g-girl for-for the-themselves.'" She explains with small sobs here and there.

"So you don't know where he is?" A calming, nicer voice says. "N-No." Starling answers. "Instead of him being here, we were here when you woke up?" A different soft, caring voice says. Starling nods a yes.

Flynn watched as she walked to the back of the cave then came out holding a brown fluffy teddy bear.
She had that since she was dropped off at the orphanage.
She cried when they left without it. Flynn decided that he couldn't let her cry, so he went back to the orphanage to get the teddy for her.

"Oh give that here. You obviously stole it." The Captain grabbed the bear out of her arms and threw it across the cave into a puddle of dirty water.

"TEDDY!" She tried to run to it, but she was held back by one of the nice guards.

"They're just gonna collect all the stuff here, and return it to their rightful owners." He spoke. "B-But... th-that's-that's m-my teddy... w-when I was given away, I-I had him with me. He's been my only friend, besides Flynn. They were both like family to me."

(A/n: Just so you know, Lance was caught, but she was too young to remember him.)

The nice guard sighed, "Listen kid, you are way too cute for this." He knelt down to her hight, "I... I will let you have your Teddy Bear and one other thing you wish to keep. What will it be?" Her face lights up, "Umm... I want..." she looks around the room, "My blanky." She points the the blanket she was sleeping with. "Alright. I'll get them for you." He smiles.

Flynn watches from afar, smiling that this one guard is able to cheer Starling up, although that was Flynn's job... this guard is a good replacement... kinda...
After knowing she was in good hands, Flynn ran off.

A SMALL TIME SKIP TO THE CASTLE, BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GUARD GRABBING HER STUFF FOR HER AND SQUISHING OUT ALL THE EXTRA WATER FROM THE TEDDY BEAR!

As the Captain and the two nice guards who have cuffs on Starling's wrists and are holding her shoulders, they walk into the throne room.

"We finally caught Starling Stealer. What should we do with her?" The Captain asks as Starling squeezed her teddy bear.
She was kinda (when I typed kinda, it auto corrected to kinky...) good at pulling a sweet innocent little scared girl act. Although she was pretty scared without Flynn.

"Hmm... throw her in the dungeon! We'll figure out what to do with her later!" The king announces. The queen looked disappointed and sad. She leaned over and whispered something into the king's ear. No one could hear what she was saying.

The king sighed before nodding a yes. The queen smiles before starting to speak, "Starling Stealer?" She started. The Captain pushed her forward a little. "We both know that Starling Stealer wasn't your birth name. Might I ask, what is it?" "Y-Y/n." Starling, now known as Y/n, shivered from nervousness. "Y/n? That's a nice name." The queen said, making Y/n smile lightly, "Listen, after talking the king into it, we were wondering if you would be willing to be our daughter. We'll adopt you and you'll become a princess." The queen offered, "So, would you like to join our family?" Y/n thought for a moment.

She has Flynn and her teddy. She has them as family. Although Flynn did leave and teddy can't afford to take care of her... Maybe staying with the king and queen would be best.

"I, uh, sure. I can stay." Y/n agrees. "That's fantastic. You can call us Mom and Dad! Or Mommy and Daddy if you prefer." The queen, or Mom says. "And I trust that you won't steal." The king gives her a soft glare. "A-Alright." Y/n whimpers. "Hey, hey, its alright. He really hasn't been a father. He'll work on it." Her mom says, "Now, escort Y/n to her room."

The guards unlocked Y/n's handcuffs and walked her to her new room.

She was still nervous about this all so she squeezed her teddy and her blanket as they walked down the big long halls.

------
Author's Note

I just wanted to show you Y/n's back story for the Tangled Before Ever After.

See ya soon
Ruddiger

Word Count: 1335