xiii. Tempting

THIRTEEN, Tempting

THEY FINALLY MADE IT TO LONDON AND THE FIRST thing they did was head to the nearest bakery that only sells the best, Alice approved after seeing the sugary sweets that could have caused so many cavities in over just one week.

" Tommy tell them to put in two boxes of cookies and three boxes of Minnie cakes. You understand? Tommy? Tommy! " she yelled as her husband immediately went to enter the bakery completely ignoring her order as she wrote it down on his hand before he left.

As he opened the door with the bell dinging he plastered a fake smile on his face while Alice behind him, still in the car with his brothers smoking was still yelling more orders.

" hello how may I help you? " asked the older women with a kind smile on her face as wisdom pooled her bright yet slightly dull green eyes.

Thomas looked at the treats out in display as he faked a confused face before looking up at the women with a small smile " how about a bit of everything. "

Thomas could only hope this satisfied his wife enough to make her go on a sugar high and have a sugar hangover the next morning.

The women immediately called over someone from the back of the bakery to help her as another older women with bright ginger hair with white streaks and glasses on the brim of her nose and the two got the bags ready before putting all the cakes, cookies, tarts, brownies and so many more in all the bags.

The two elder women noticed a stunning pregnant women who was sobbing in the back inside a car as her hands were reaching for what they think must be her husband.

They shared a look before smiling kindly at Thomas who went to reach out for his wallet before the first women held his hand to stop him, Tommy looked up at her with shock before noticing her smile as she nodded to Alice " we know exactly how she feels, don't worry darling it's on the house. "

Thomas raised his eyebrows before turning his head to look at Alice and what she might have done to make them let it be free. His eyebrows immediately dropped when he saw her crying loudly while his brothers laughed loudly.

He thanks the two women kindly before carrying twelve bags of sweets and left the shop, Alice who was rubbing her little pink nose and staring ahead heard the sound of paper bags crinkling.

Her head snapped to the sound and she squeals loudly when she see's so many sweets in her husband's hands and smiled brightly, John and Arthur as well smiling ready to eat some of them with Alice hoping she might share.

As soon as Thomas sat down Alice attacked his face with kisses and loving words in his ear as she kissed his nose, lips, cheeks, forehead softly while also muttering " thank you. "

He nodded with a stoic look on his face as he kissed her head and took a hold of her hand and re-started the car and there journey continues as they made it to the hotel Alice booked for them with the money her father lended them.

As they all left to there rooms Alice and Tommy stayed silent in theirs. While they stayed silent Alice dug into the sweets in front of her she moaned at the chocolate that melted into her mouth and smiled.

" Tommy you have to try these! " she said in delight before going to the bathroom and cleaning her face and hands and head back to her husband who was reading the news.

He hummed in acknowledgment and Alice sighed as she crawled over to him as he sat stiffly in the bed.

" is something the matter my love? " she asked in a soothing voice while stroking his cheek softly and kissing his lips smoothly.

Thomas met his wife's worried eyes and sighed, she was heavily pregnant and he allowed her to join him and his brothers in dangerous business.

" Alice do you have anywhere to stay meanwhile me and the boys are gone? " he asked.

Alice had a confused look on her face but answered " well my cousin Minnie, short for Minerva has a huge mansion around here but I called her to ask if we can meet but apparently she's going to a new opening of a club called the Eden club. "

Thomas chocked on air as he heard the name of the club they were going to raid, " oh Thomas can we please go! I haven't been to a pub in years. " she said with a dramatic groan.

Her husband only rolled his eyes as he stood up and grabbed a cigarette and lighter " Alice please it's been a year. "

" either way we have to go! " she pleaded.

" I promise I won't drink. "

" I won't do cocaine! "

" Tommy that was a good reason, I said I wouldn't do cocaine you have to believe me now! "

" I won't flirt with other men. "

Thomas widened his eyes at her words and she only shrugged " I've done it before, surprised you didn't find
out. "

" fine I will let you come, but I swear Alice on all good things if I find out you've done at least one tiny thing wrong I'm shipping you straight to Birmingham! "

" And I thought my mother was strict. "

CRUELFOOLS