Chapter Forty-two

Sam Lewis 🥵

I stood frozen and shocked to the core, hardly believing my eyes. All color had drained from my face and my lungs felt as though every present oxygen had been whisked out.

I zoned out on the noise and commotion around me, my gaze fixed unwaveringly on Jordan's close to lifeless body that was been pulled unto the stretcher and carried away.

   "Are ya alright?"a familiar voice broke through my trance, shaking my shoulders vigorously.

I blinked, now realizing Greg's eyes that were staring at me with worry.
I shrugged his hands that were on my shoulders away, stepping back.

"I...yeah."

"Hey...ya hearing me? What's wrong, ya know the boy before?"

   "Pardon?"I murmured, not getting him.

"I say you know the guy personally?"he nodded towards the direction.

"He's my roommate. I'll.... I'll see you later,"I faltered, turning away.

I couldn't ignore the unease feeling that had started from the pit of my stomach, spreading throughout me. Connor stabbing Jordan?

And then I remembered the last look Connor directed at us, that day Jordan rescued me from the devil's haven.

A look that screamed run.

Connor had indeed returned and with recharged bad vibe . Was he up for revenge or something.

  I stopped in my tracks.

He definitely was! But if anything,why wouldn't he undertake it on me? I was his main target after all...

I inhaled sharply, something kicking in which caused the reality of this accident to suddenly dawn on me.

Connor did it on purpose.

He was certainly not gonna let Jordan get away with nulling his well executed plans and Jordan had pushed his buttons further by arranging his face for him that day. So he had gotten back to Jordan, like he promised with his eyes. And now that Jordan was well out of his way.....

I shivered. He was going to get me next.

I bit my lower lip very hard until I tasted something metallic,none other than my own blood. You're next, you're next. My mind repeated until it sounded like the buzzing of bees in my ears.

Not only was I terrified of Connor getting back at me, but also of what he had discovered about me. My disguise. My real gender.

I didn't know what his next step would be but I sure knew my days at Noble's were numbered.

I blew out a frustrated sigh before squinting at something or specifically someone at a distance. He was sitting on one of the random benches at the sidewalk with his head in his palms.

     "Jude,"I called, moving over. Because I was moving with haste, my limp walk in nigga style was distorted but hey,who cares.

I called out his name again but he still didn't move. Not even the slightest tilt of his head.

I plopped beside him, hesitating for a sec before placing my palm on his shoulder.  "Hey."

After a long stretched silence,he raised his head to look at me with bloodshot eyes.

He had been crying...

   "What are you doing here?"Jude asked, his voice rough.

I opened and closed my mouth like a fish out of water, trying to find something to say.