Chapter 74: The Cave ☾

A/N: Hey everyone its been a long time...I have decided I am going to finish this book :) so it's time for a new chapter and thanks for 352K <3

⭑─⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─⭑

"Baby bottle pop," Harry said to the gargoyle in front of Dumbledore's office. It opened, allowing the boy to enter the headmaster's chambers. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes, Harry," the man said, patting a spot on the couch next to him. "I wanted to thank you again for retrieving that memory for me."

Harry rolled his eyes. It had been much easier this time to get the stupid horcrux memory from Slughorn. It wasn't like he had to talk to the man again, he just had to edit out the parts immediately before or after. How awkward would it have been for Dumbledore to watch himself ordering Harry into the pensieve when he was already in a pensieve?

"It was nothing, Professor."

"It has taken me years to get Horace to admit to telling Tom about horcruxes."

The boy shrugged. "I just bribed him with crystalized pineapple."

"Ah, well," Dumbledore sighed, stirring some sugar into his tea. "I wanted to invite you on a little adventure."

"Really?" Harry asked, deadpanned. Who all thought he liked sticking his neck out to catch dangerous people?

"I think I've found a place Tom might have hidden a horcrux."

"Think…might have…that's a lot of 'ifs', Headmaster."

"I know, Harry, but it's worth a shot." The man smiled. "And if it's not there, what's the worst that could happen?"

"Would you like that list alphabetically or by likelihood?" Harry mumbled to himself. He shook his head. "I'll think about it, sir."

"Alright, m'boy. I plan to go Saturday. Let me know by then."

"Alright, sir." Harry jumped from the couch and ran down the stairs. He checked his watch. Oops! He was going to be late! He dashed down the halls, nearly running into several students and teachers before finally bursting through the portrait door and into…

"Harry James Potter!" Draco yelled, picking himself up from the floor. "I understand other people running into me—sort of—but why did you feel the need to not watch where you were going?"

"Sorry, ferret," Harry said, dusting his god-brother off. "I had a meeting with Dumbledore and I didn't want to be late."

"Stop," Draco said, grabbing Harry's hands and placing them at the boy's side. "You are forgiven."

"Good," Severus said, placing a tray of tea on the coffee table, "because I'd hate to hear of my godsons having a wand fight in the second floor girls' bathroom."

"Spots," Sirius whined, holding Siria close. "Don't say that in front of my impressionable daughter!"

"Not that kind of wand fight," Draco moaned, rubbing his face.

"And Black, if she remembers this conversation at all, I am placing your daughter in a school for the gifted," Severus said, handing the animagus some tea.

"Alright, alright," Sirius said. "I understand. Just…be careful what you say…"

A gavel banged against the wood of the table. "That's enough," Draco said. "The twenty-fourth weekly meeting of the godfather-godson alliance is now in order."

"Draco, we've talked about this…" Severus said, rubbing his eyes.

"What part, Uncle Sev?"

"Everything."