Be you ~ Chris Evans

Warnings: anxiety, insecurity, Zendaya being a queen, Fluff

I got this request on Tumblr and loved it! hope you guys will love it too. You can send me and request or a message anytime you want <3

English is not my first language, so I apologize for any grammar mistakes. Feedback and requests are always welcome.

Enjoy! <3

This is an 18+ Blog. I do NOT give permission for my work to be translated or reposted on here or any other site.

~

"Honey, are you ready yet?"

You weren't. At least not mentally, but that wasn't what Chris was possibly asking or thinking about. He wasn't thinking at all when he asked you to be his date to the Oscars.

Blaming him would be childish, since you are his girlfriend and it's the most normal thing in the world to ask you to be his date. There was no act of force, either. You could've easily said no. But you didn't, because you were stubborn like that.

Your stubbornness was the reason for your anxiety now.

"Uh Chris, gimme a couple of minutes!"

You scoffed, like a couple of minutes could cure your heartbeat and the fact that your hands were shaking so hard that it looked like there was an earthquake. Why did you say yes? You were going to go there, everyone was going to laugh at you for being ugly, Chris was going to see it too and dump you and you would be back to zero in your life.

Just when you thought of escaping through the window, just like Rachel did in Friends, Chris walked in the bathroom.

"God, honey, look at you. The prettiest woman I have ever seen. Are you nervous about going with me to the Oscars?"

While Chris was waiting for an answer to his question, you were wondering how soft his velvet suit would feel. He looked insanely sexy and you couldn't believe he was all yours.

"Uh, you okay there Y/N?"

Instead of saying 'no Chris I'm actually nervous, I don't want to go I'm going to have a panic attack' you said : "Pfft, you kidding? I'm totally fine. Let's go. I am so excited."

Yep, you were going to die tonight.

"Chris, over here, man! Look this way!"

You had never seen so many cameras together in your whole life. Flashing lights, celebrities who were posing, interviewers with their questions. It all made too much noise inside your brain. Every click sound of your camera made you flinch more.

Chris, noticing you getting uncomfortable, hugged you tighter and started giving you kisses on your forehead.

"Just be you, baby, just be you." Whispering this in your ear was a great idea to Chris, but it was actually one of the worst. You didn't want to be yourself because everyone would hate on you. Faking that you were okay was the best scenario for you, and for Chris. This way Chris could enjoy his night and you wouldn't embarrass him.

Chris spotted Zendaya and Andrew Garfield and walked towards them, knowing that Zendaya could comfort you in a way he couldn't. He knew you weren't fine, and that you were lying to him. He saw it on your face. Your lips quivered, and your eyes were not shining when you smiled like they always did.

He hated it, but he knew. He was the reason for your anxiety. Chris couldn't imagine going to events without you by his side.

"Omg, hey girl, how are you?" Zendaya embraced you in a hug while Chris and Andrew greeted each other with a handshake.