chapter 48 | realization

CHASE KNIGHT

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

Her addicting lips were attached to mine and I simply smiled. She nippled on my bottom lip, while her soft hands held the side of my face. Finally, coming to my senses, I kissed her back with the same devotedness as her—if not more.

She wraps her legs around my body, pulling me toward her. My hands wrap around her waist, holding her in place as I kiss with force. She moans into my mouth, letting her hands explore my body. A groan falls out of my mouth as I feel her bare pussy rubbing against me. I sucked on her tongue before placing a hand behind her head and keeping her mouth attached to mine.

She pulls back for a second to catch her breath before slamming her lips back on mine, biting my bottom lip and plunging her tongue into my mouth. And with her mouth against mine, I never felt more complete; consumed. I devoured every inch of her mouth while picking her from the counter, her legs tightening against my torso.

I gently placed her on the bed, while using my other hand to pull down my joggers. I withdrew my lips from hers as her eyes observed my body before her hands fell to the waistband of my boxers and tugged them down. She licks her lips looking at my rock solid state before glancing back at me as a small grin playing on her lips.

Firefly always looks beautiful. However, when she smiles, it can make any man go on their knees and worship her body. She has a contagious smile and I have already fallen for it. Deeply.

The words were on the tip of my tongue to express my love yet I tame myself. No matter how much I would want to chant my love to her, over and over, I know better. Beneath those caramel brown eyes held the uncertainty. The uncertainty of us.

And I know until I don't prove my words with my actions, that uncertainty will stay. The secrets will remain. The trust will never be intact. It hurts knowing that the person I trust more than life cannot reciprocate the trust. No matter how much she tries to make me believe that she does trust me, I know better.

My trust in her never faded. It never will.

She never gave me a reason to not trust her yet I gave her plenty to never trust me again. I wish I was like her. To never give trust issues.

Her beautiful eyes watch me without saying a word and I fall deeper. Every time I look at her, I see my future with her. I see us being happy with each other, with our kids playing in the backyard and her cats purring in our laps. Her yelling to our kids to stop arguing with each other before glancing at me and telling me that I have spoiled our kids. And of course, us arguing before I would apologize to her knowing she was right all along.

It seems too perfect.

Yet I would do anything to have that future with her.

"Chase," She calls out, gaining my attention. "What are you thinking about?"

"You."

"I have that effect on people." She teases.

"Indeed." I kiss her swollen lips as she lets out a giggle and my erection throbs. "You're beautiful, inside and out, Firefly."

She blushes as I hovered over her body, my hands exploring her body. I fucking love this woman. Her responsive state, quivers and arches her back as my lips slide down her mouth to her neck. I suck on her skin while my hands pinch and twist her tit. I used my other hand to spread her legs and drag my finger down her slit.