chapt 27 • Birthday Present

I made the mistake of waking up early

Celeste was already fixing breakfast and I was forced to help her. Both she and father ruined my appetite for breakfast so instead, I went on a run and came back at the perfect time, when they had finished.

When I came back I took a shower and needed a short rag for my face, luckily for me all of the towels were in the closet in the same room Alessio slept in.

I kept my white towel on, my hair dripping wet down my back. I knocked on his door and waited for him to open it.

It was obvious he had recently woken up judging by his messy hair and his glasses were off and his eyes were still tired. His toothbrush was in the side of his mouth, he stopped brushing when he saw me.

When he rubbed the tiredness out of his eyes, he noticed that I was only in a towel and flushed red.

"I need one of the small towels in your closet" I stated first. He moved back and opened the door a bit wider so I could enter and get the towel.

He went into the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth. When he came out he was drying his hair with a towel which made it turn a darker brown shade. I looked over his freckles that hide the fact that he had a dimpled smile.

I went into his closet and reached up to the top of the shelf with all the neatly folded towels, after I closed the door I found him standing there.

Alessio was terrible at hiding the fact that he was trying his hardest not to look at how my breast looked as I crossed my arms under to stop the white towel from slipping undone.

He looked like he wanted to say something, since yesterday and I was dying to know what.

His father called his name from down the stairs and Alessio was quick to toss the towel he dried his hair within the hamper and sparing one last look at me when I gave him a wink and he was out of the door.