Part 4

Sana's P.O.V. 

As the sun began rising, everyone soon began going back into their rooms to bathe and get ready. I sat and looked at the rising sun with the positive feeling that everything will go well today. I was feeling refreshed and energised to do anything. I got up and went back to the room to find the old lady locked inside. I tried knocking on the door but to no avail. "Hello! Can you please open the door?" I called. "One minute, I'm changing," she said. "Oh! Sorry," I said. I leaned back on the wall and waited. After she opened the door, she asked, "Did you just apologise?" I looked at her with an obvious face and said shrugging my shoulders, "Yeah." She smiled warmly at me and patted my shoulder much to my surprise. She left and I went in. I took a bath in the cold water with a bucket and wore my bath robe before stepping out of the bathroom. As I lifted my suitcase and rested it on the bed, the doors of the room swung open and the doctor barged inside saying, "Roopa Maasi (aunty)." I jumped and turned around agitated and he froze and looked at me. Holding onto my robe tightly and embarrassed, I screamed, "Don't just stand there! Go!" He nodded while looking away dumbfounded and left the room after closing the doors. "Can't you lock a door?" He asked from outside. Trembling, I found my dress as I replied,  "Can't you knock? Don't you know that it's bad manners entering someone's room without knocking?" I said. "Maasi always keeps her doors locked when changing. I forgot that you were in there," he said. I wore my dress quickly and asked, "What did you come in the first place for?" I asked. "Sharad sent me to get something from Roopa Maasi. I didn't know that you were changing," he said. "I think you owe me an apology," I said opening the door. He lowered his eyes and looked away shyly saying, "I'm sorry." He quickly left. 

I went back inside and looked at myself in the mirror. I was red. Obviously, he saw me in such a state, I'm owe to be embarrassed. I took some deep breaths and combed my hair. I applied my makeup and left the room. Everyone were getting ready to go into a bus. "Where is everyone going?" I asked Sharad. "Gurudwara," he said, "You should come along." "Me? Gurudwara? No ways," I said. He observed me from head to toe and said, "I think it's a good idea. You aren't dressed appropriately." "What's wrong with these clothes?" I asked looking at myself. "It's too revealing," he said. "This is the only kind of clothes I have," I said. "Yeah, you will be at inconvenience with these," he said and turned around and left me. The doctor came up and stopped in front of me. I glared at him as he only looked away nervously and left behind Sharad. "Why would I be at inconvenience?" I asked myself confused. I sat right on the spot I was at this morning and looked at the ugly garden. It was obvious that they were going to work on it since there were plants and flowers scattered around in pots. There were huge buckets of paint and a bit of construction materials. I took a picture of the place in my head and began mentally imagining how beautiful this place could become with a bit of landscaping. Then, I remembered that Sharad said I have to help with the garden. A smile came to me with an idea. Maybe not as punishment, but I could use this opportunity to do something I am passionate about. I got up and hurried to his office with my idea. "Mr. Sharad, I have..." I said barging inside but stopped as I saw his and the doctor's long faces. "Oh! I didn't know that he was here too," I said. "Wait. Come, have a seat," he said as I was about to leave. 

I went and sat next to the doctor. "Tell me, what can I do for you?" He asked. "I have an idea that I wanted to pitch to you. That is...if you are interested," I said. "Speak," he said. "I have an image of something in my mind. And you also said that I have to help in the garden. How about, I create a design of what I am thinking and we work from that?" I asked. They both looked at each other silently. "Listen, I know that you might be thinking that you are helping but I think we should just stick to what we have thought," he said. I frowned. "But I can help you a lot. I have..." I started but got distracted by a call on the doctor's phone. After he excused himself, I continued, "I have qualifications in landscaping and I think that if I design your garden, it will look fabulous. Besides, it's a win-win situation. I will be completing my punishment and you will get a beautiful garden." "But these are old people. Will they be able to keep up with such an advance level plan?" He asked. "How hard is it to dig a hole and plant a seedling?" I said. "Ok. But I want a visual. Only after that, I will decide," he said. "Done!" I said excited. I got up joyfully and tried to rush out but bumped into the doctor. He held my waist to prevent me from falling too much aback. My heartbeat increased for no reason and I looked at him. He was so handsome. Sharad cleared his throat, causing us to break our eyelock. I stepped back and left, again feeling embarrassed by the same person for the second time in the same day. I hurried back to the room and locked the door. My heart was beating unbelievable fast. I sat on the bed and closed my eyes. Why does he have such an effect on me? How? I placed my earphones in my ears and listened to my father's voice. "This is for you," I said and took some paper and a pen.