Part 14 | Adoption

"What are we going to do?" Loki wondered, pacing around the dark room.

"Start fake dating, adopt Peter and look after him as a couple" you answered, laying on your back, your arm draped over your eyes.

You heard the God stop pacing.

"That could work."

"Of course it could, it was my idea" you grinned.

"Oh shush" he chuckled, laying down on the bed beside you and staring up at the ceiling.

"I'm sleeping here now, your beds comfy."

"Seriously?"

"Yep."

With a sigh, Loki shimmered you into a hoodie and shorts as you crawled to the top of the bed and slid in under the covers.

"Thanks Lokes" you mumbled, sinking into the pillows.

"Idiot" he replied, smiling slightly. "You're crumpling the bedsheets."

"A tragedy, I'm sure."

"Like Shakespeare?"

"Doth Mother know you weareth her drapes?" Friday commented. "Mr Stark wants you both in the living room."

"Thank you Friday" Loki said in his rich accent, standing up and grabbing your arm. "Come on you."

"No."

Rolling his eyes, he dragged you out of the bed to stand beside him.

"I wanted to sleep" you grumbled, poking him in the side as he wrapped an arm around your waist.

"A tragedy, I'm sure."

A flash of green later, the two of you appeared in the living room where the tired looking team sat.

"What do you want Stark" you and Loki grumbled at the same time, sitting beside each other, both with your arms folded.

"Stop pouting. Have you given up on adopting Peter yet?" Tony asked.

"They're not going to accept one guardian" Wanda said, looking at you sadly. (I know it doesn't work like this, but let's pretend it does for the sake of the story).

"Well, that's why Loki and I are dating" you announced.

There were gasps of shock.

"I thought you didn't believe in love??" Sam and Bucky exclaimed, looking stunned.

"Fake dating" Loki clarified.

"We're telling the adoption people that were together so we can adopt him" you finished.

"Do you think that will work?" Steve asked sceptically.

"Of course it will. When has something I've done ever not gone to plan?" Loki answered before hesitating. "Don't answer that" he grumbled as the Avengers all looked at him with raised brows.

*Time skip brought to you by McDonald's broken ice cream machine*

"We did it" you sang out smugly, dropping the adoption papers onto Tony's lap. "Be impressed."

The billionaire sighed. "I have to say, I didn't think it would work. The kids going to be ecstatic."

"Aww, Loki and Y/n, the God and Demon who swore that love was non-existent have taken on a child" Clint cooed, hanging upside down from the ceiling in bulletproof armour.

"Shut it Barton or I'll remove that armour" Loki threatened. Clint gulped, looking down at a certain red head who was using him for target practice.

"Congratulations brother, you're a Father now" Thor smiled, looking up from where Wanda was teaching him how to play Moustache Smash (If you know this game, you are a legend.)

"No, I'm not" Loki groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"He's a legal guardian" you corrected. "I can't wait to tell Peter."

———————————————

"You're stupid."

"Well you're dumb."

"Can you two wrap it up already?" Bruce sighed, rolling his eyes at the two of you.

You thought for a moment, before smirking at the green clad God in front of you. "I don't like your hair."

There were gasps from around the room. "Oh my god she went there" Pietro muttered.

"My hair is spectacular thank you very much" Loki declared.

"Greasy snake."

Peter returned from school just in time to see Loki flick his wrist, sending you tumbling backwards off the couch.

"Asshole" you mumbled, lying in the dent your body had made in the floor. Loki looked over the end of the couch, smirking down at you.

"MY FLOOR!" Tony shrieked, running over to you.

"Gee thanks Stark, nice to know you care about me enough to check on me."

"Well you are a pain in the ass" Loki commented, grinning when you flipped him off.

"Hey! No rude gestures in front of your child!" Steve reprimanded, shaking his head at the two of you.

"Child?" Peter asked, looking crestfallen. "Are you pregnant Miss Y/n?"

"Oh for fucks sake. No, I am not pregnant Pete, don't plan to be anytime soon. Loki, help me up."

The God rolled his eyes before leaning down and scooping you up off the floor and dropping you unceremoniously back onto the couch.

"Wonderful. Peter, Loki and I figured out a way to adopt you, and we did it today" you continued, turning around to face the Spiderling.

Loki smiled a tiny bit as the teenager came barreling over, leaping into your laps.

"Thank you thank you" he sobbed, hugging you tightly before hugging Loki as well. "Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh-"

"I didn't expect him to be this excited" Loki mused.

"Well some people actually find you tolerable"" you answered, patting Peter's hair. "Not sure why."

Loki rolled his eyes, poking you in the side as the youngest Avenger sped off to tell Ned and MJ.

"It's not like people like you, you're a demon for goodness sake" Loki grumbled.

"And I take pride in that" you smirked, doing a half bow.

————————————-

Ta daaaaaaaa

Here's the latest instalment to this book, I hope you enjoyed guys

In the past week I've received three really sweet messages and hit 200 followers. Thank you all so much, I love you all to bits <333