C H A P T E R 1 3

Once the Capitol collected Jessica from the arena, she passed out on the plane from sleep deprivation catching up to her as the adrenaline wore off. She was taken to a hospital for a check up before she woke up.

She woke wearing grey joggers and a loose white shirt, her suit sat at the end of the bed, haunting her as she thought of the different peoples blood not only stained on the suit but permanently stained on her hands. She had to remember the promise she made herself. She won't let the games change who she is. She won't give Snow the satisfaction and, even though she has now been through the games and knows it's easier said than done, she is adamant about sticking to it.

A nurse comes in, brings her some food and leaves silently. She wonders if she is an Avox? Or maybe she's just not allowed to speak to her? She pushes the thoughts away and eats the small amount of bread and soup, having to ease back into eating food again now.

After a long day in the hospital- nurses checking over her every now and then and giving her food, to make her look healthy enough again so she can go on tv for her interview- she is finally let out.

She exits the room still wearing the baggy clothes, though she did have a shower before leaving, and her necklace around her neck as she heads down the halls, following the appropriate signs.

When she turned a corner, opening the heavy door with ease, she sees Brayden, Valaria, Elaine, Mags and Finnick all sat down. As they hear the door open, their heads turn up towards the 18 year old girl.

Finnick shoots out of his chair and straight over to the brunette, his sea-green eyes meeting her sodalite blue ones for a second before his arms wrap around her waist, bringing her closer to him until her head is resting against his chest. She accepts the hug like it was second nature, wrapping her arms around his torso, breathing in his saltwater scent that still clung to him even after all his time in the Capitol. He rested his chin on her head, sighing into the embrace, Finnick felt complete with her in his arms.

For the past week, his mind had been plagued with nightmares but, not the usual ones. He dreamed of her games, her death, her canon. The thought of her death would make him shoot awake, at a loss of breathe, eyes scanning the room, a thin layer of sweat coating his body, throwing the sheets off of his suffocating frame. He'd walk out to the living room to find she wouldn't be there. With her back here, in his arms, where she belonged, he could breathe again.

Reluctantly, he pulled away, one arm still protectively but loosely around her waist, the other digging for something in his pocket.

Jessica looks at him with wide eyes as he pulls out a pearl, her pearl she had been unable to take with her, "I thought you might want this back Princess," he grins as he recalls the nickname.

"Thank you, Peacock," she retorts back before Finnicks arm is retracted form her waist, making her feel a weird desire to feel his touch again. As he steps aside, Brayden stands, pulling the girl into a brotherly hug and whispering comforts into her ear. When he pulled away, Valaria gave her a kiss on the cheek and a soft smile. Elaine steps forward with a familiarly fond smile, "congratulations Jessica, now, we will go back to our apartment, get you some well earned rest. Then tomorrow, you will be sent to be washed and dressed again for your Victor interview with Caesar. You will then return to your district until your Victors tour."

She rolls her eyes at the rambling woman who, deep down, cared greatly for the teenager in front of her but unable to show it. She sends her escort a smile, which she happily returns.

As they start to walk off, she turns to Mags, hugging the older woman, "hey Mags."

'I'm glad your back Jessie, we've missed you,' she signed, looking at the teen fondly.

'Thank you, Mags,' she signs back, unable to trust that her voice won't break.

The District 4 group, minus Dale and his helpers, entered their floor. They all had a quick meal before heading to bed.

As soon as Jessica lay down onto the bed, the material felt like clouds against her aching back and she soon fell into a deep sleep.

District 8, scream, seisocope venom,
Boom.

District 8, knife to the back of the head,
Boom.

Career, venom knife to the chest,
Boom.

Career, venom knife to the heart,
Boom.

Career, venom knife to the stomach,
Boom.

District 4, laboured breathing, blood seeping, eyes fluttering, "it's o-okay,"
Boom.

She recalled all the people that had died in the arena either at her hand or because she couldn't save them.

She woke from her sleep, tears running down her face, breathing heavily, her heart rate sky high in a bad way. She washed her face with cold water in the pristine white bathroom before heading into the living room.

AN: Little Jessica / Finnick reunion. I wonder who she'll find in the living room ?