𝟐𝟓. good guy

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-five : good guy
{ season two - episode nine }

chapter twenty-five : good guy{ season two - episode nine }

KLOE OBSERVED EVERY star that flickered down at the ground as she laid upon it. Her heart was thumping so hard against her ribcage to the point where it hurt. She was scared for Rick and Glenn and now Lori and her baby.

Usually, the sky would calm her down, but this time, nothing worked. Even her own brother's arms didn't calm her. And she knew why. It's not her brother's arms that need to be around her; it's his best friend's arms that do.

Kloe sealed her eyes shut as she formed a sudden memory that flashed in her head.

"Zayn, stop taking my guitar lesson books! I need them!" Kloe yelled at her older brother, chasing him down the stairs in the house in Florida. She was fourteen and she had just returned from school. Her brother had the day off school since he had to go to the dentist and he decided to hide her guitar book.

"Gotta catch me first!" he replied, panting as he ran at full speed. "C'mon, it's like being a little kid again! I know you're super slow, but surely you can be a tad bit faster, right?"

Annoyed by her brother's words, Kloe narrowed her eyes as she quickened her speed. She turned each corner her brother passed, often banging her thighs against them and hissing with pain, but pushed it aside.

"I swear, I'm going to murder you after!" Kloe growled under her heavy breath as Zayn entered the kitchen, where their mother and father were.

"What's going on? Why are you both running around like toddlers?" their father inquired, chuckling at their childish actions. Then, Kloe got Zayn trapped and they were opposite each other, the kitchen island blocking the siblings.

"Zayn took my guitar book!" Kloe groaned, placing both her hands on the edges of the marble island. "Give it back! Even if I get to you, I still won't be able to get it since you're a giant."

"Jealous for being short?" he snorted, grinning stupidly at his little sister as he went on his tiptoes and lifted the book higher than it already was.

"Zayn, stop being mean to your little sister," their mother told him, cutting up some vegetables for their dinner. She set down the knife and walked over to Zayn, who lowered his sister's book and placed it on the counter. Their mother playfully pinched his cheeks and went back over to cutting her vegetables.

"Mom, what was that for?!" he whined, rubbing his hand over his cheek where their mother had pinched him. "That hurt."

"Oh, stop complaining," she laughed. "That's all you ever do, blah blah blah," she mocked, making Kloe and their father snicker.