Chapter 24

"What do you want?"

I stare at my 'mates', frustrated that they ruined my sleep. It's almost midnight. They most probably just got home from searching for 'answers' regarding my 'condition'.

"We're sorry we woke you up." Luca says apologetically. "We just missed you." He says, petting my hair.

"As if kissing me all over won't wake me up." I snort.

"We miss our mate. Is that too hard to understand?" Euan says, anger evident in his tone.

"Sorry, I'm stupid." I scoff.

"What is even happening to us?" Luca sighs while rubbing my left hand between his.

I feel so sad. As if a part of me died.

"I don't know. You tell me." I reply dryly.

Both of them growl and I only feel sadder.

"We will bring you back to us, love." Luca says with determination, although the hurt's evident in his voice. "Now, go back to sleep."

They both kiss my head then burrow their heads in my neck, holding me tight against their own bodies as if they're scared that I will evaporate into thin air if they don't cling onto me like freaking leeches.

I got issues, they got issues – we have issues – but still, somewhere deep inside of me, I know I miss them.

"I'm going out for a walk."

"No." My mates say in unison with stern expressions.

"And why?" I snap. "It's not like you'll be here anyway."

Their eyes soften but they mask it with blank expressions before I can even finish processing the thought that they must have thought that I said that because I want them to stay with me.

"You know that what we are doing is for the best." Luca says, caressing my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever. It's fine. Go." I wave my hand, dismissing them.

"We will bring you back to us." Euan whispers softly but with determination, dismissing my aloofness.

They kiss me senseless before going out, reminding me to 'behave'.

There are no sparks anymore. I admit that their kisses are still awesome... but we've shared better kisses before.

Once I'm sure that my mates are gone, I go down to visit Trey in his prison cell.

"You're here." He greets me with a full-blown smile and I can't help but smile back.

"No, I'm not. You're just being delusional, mister." I joke as I walk closer to the bars.

"Then I must be having a sweet dream." He jokes back, reaching his hand out to me.

"Tell me about it." I chuckle as I place my hand on his.

"How was your sleep, beautiful?" He asks as he interlaces our fingers.

"The usual." I mutter. "How about yours?"

"Well, I'm starting to get comfy in here now." He gives me a lop-sided smile.

"Well, don't worry, I noted the sarcasm."

We just stay silent for a few minutes, not really knowing what else to say to one another, simply enjoying the silence as we caress each other's hands.

After maybe half an hour, I decide to take my much needed walk. I bid Trey good bye and head out to the main door.

"And where are you going, missy?" Carter says, blocking the door with his big, buff bod.