ʚ Chapter 4 ɞ

TW:// Slight Drowning & Panic Attack

Dream starts accidentally inhaling water after frantically swimming around to try to find a solution. Completely and utterly drowning, he finally decides to give in and let the water take him instead of wasting the rest of his energy.

"You're so dramatic," a voice speaks up behind him. He turns to find himself face to face with XD again, except this time the god is casually floating above the sand, "You have gills for a reason y'know." He crosses his arms nonchalantly. Gills?

Dream pauses his attempts at breathing and somehow regains his 'breath' by using the newfound gills on the sides of his neck, almost feeling like second nature to him.

"What the actual fuck," he mutters to no one specifically.

"See?" XD chirps, "Maybe next time be more aware of your surroundings, maybe then you would have noticed the 6-foot tail attached to your torso." He rolls his eyes.

The dirty blonde takes a glance down to find out he was indeed correct; he definitely had a tail in place of where his legs used to be, almost reminding him of Ariel's, though his was more of a darker seafoam green.

"Don't tell me..." he moves his gaze back up to XD.

"Anyway! Just came by to witness your struggle- I have other things to attend to." Without any more room for thought, the figure is gone within a second and Dream is left speechless. He looks down at his tail again, experimentally moving his body to create some sort of movement with it. How the hell is he supposed to complete the story when he can't even swim?

After a few moments of some awkward twisting and grunts, Dream finds himself quickly getting tired. He allows himself to drift down and gently hit the smooth sand, a light puff emanating into the water above.

"Dude what the hell are you doing?" Dream perks up at the sound of a new but very familiar voice.

"Sapnap?" He turns to find his best friend, alive and completely well- besides for the grand orange tail that leaves him in the same predicament.

"We were supposed to meet in the dining hall like 10 minutes ago already!" Sap swims over and grabs Dream's arm, swiftly pulling him up and away in an unknown direction, "Bad's literally going to lose his mind if we miss the beginning of dinner again!"

Dream allows himself to be pulled off to who-knows-where, blinking as he tries to process the situation.

"Bad?" he finds himself expressing his thoughts a bit too abruptly. Sapnap immediately stops and turns to face him, letting the dirty-blonde float face first into his chest.

"Did you hit your head or something? 'Cause I know it wouldn't be the first time, but even then it's never caused any actual brain damage." The raven-haired jokingly knocks on the side of Dream's head.

"I uh- no? I didn't hit my head..." Dream gently pushes his hand away from his head and looks up to find Sap raising an eyebrow at him.

"Right..." He grabs Dream's arm and they swim off once again.

~ ‧₊˚ ʚ♡ɞ ˚₊‧ ~

George has no clue on where he is or how he got here.

Last he remembers was hugging Dream before he supposedly disappeared out of the story- but no one told him he'd just go right into another.

The only reason he knows he's in another story is the heavy crown on his head and the regal bedroom that surrounds him.

"For fuck sake." he grumbles to no one in particular. He rests a palm on his forehead and allows himself to sit on the edge of the bed, "How am I meant to find Dream now? I don't even know these dumb stories like he does." All of the sudden, there's a swift knock on the door and someone is immediately entering.