26

AN: newww yorkkk

Rivers pov

My alarm goes off causing me to snap back into consciousness. I turned it off and read the time, 4am. Ew. That's so early for what.

Last night, I put my phone on do not disturb before the movie. When I got home, I immediately fell asleep. I haven't checked my notifications since. I turn off do not disturb and look at what I missed. Just snaps and texts from friends.

I replied to everyone and then got up to start getting ready. I didn't change out of what I wore to bed and instead went to my bathroom. I used the bathroom, brushed my teeth, did my skincare, brushed my hair, and put on socks. I barely remembered to grab my charger and airpods but I got it. I put them into my backpack and bring that and my suitcase downstairs.

"Good morning." Mom says.

"Good morning." I say back. "Is Noah coming?"

"Of course."

"Oh."

"Why wouldn't he be?"

"I don't know, I just haven't talked to him."

"Do you know the times of all your shoots? You have one today after we get there." She says.

"Yeah I know when everything is, I put it on the calendar." I say.

"Ok, good. I want you to have fun while we're there but you also have to remember that we're going to be there for work. We just need to be organized." She smiles.

"Yeah." I say, still half asleep.

"Ok, go put your stuff by the front door. The car will be here soon." She says, getting back to whatever she was doing before.

Instead of responding, I just turn around and do what she says. It's early, I don't feel like talking.

Not long after that, the car got to my house and we all helped load our bags into the trunk.

We all got into the car, the seats are really comfy. We started driving and the driver and my parents were already making conversation. I put my airpods in and listened to music, looking out the window. It was still pretty dark outside but light enough so see stuff.

***

We got through security and went to our gate. Our flight wasn't for another hour so we decided to get food.

My dad and I got voted to go. So we're now standing in the packed Starbucks breakfast line.

"So is this like official?" My dad asks.

I was quite literally taken aback at the question. "What?"

"That's not your sweatshirt." He states.

I felt my face get hot. I'm wearing Chris' sweatshirt from last night. I didn't think anyone would notice. I order clothes all the time. I look around the breakfast line just to make sure no one around me is listening. I knew no one was, just got to make sure. "No, we're not official." I say.

"Is it a secret?" He asks.

"No."

"So you're not dating?" He asks.

"No." I say again.

"But you do have a thing?" He asks, trying to clarify.

"Yep." I keep answering shortly.

"Do people know?" He asks.

"Some." I say.

"What i'm asking is, does mom know and can I tell her?" He asks.