Chapter 18

Elias' POV

My head aches from a overwhelming headache the moment I open my eyes. Groggily, I attempt to sit up in the bed.

The curtains are slightly open, allowing sunlight to pool into the room, so I can take in my surrounds of the familiar room; which I happened to be in only days ago. I try to recall how I got to Ryder's bedroom last night, but can't seem to remember what happened after I left the bar at Silas' birthday gathering.

Goddess, I hope Silas or Kai don't know where I am right now.

My body aches as I stretch my arms and roll my shoulders. Turning my head to the left side of the bed, Ryder is nowhere to be found. I look around his room, until my eyes land on a figure sleeping on the couch on the opposite side of the room.

I can imagine how uncomfortable it must be on the couch. Ryder's legs rest on top the armrest since he's taller than the length of the couch. Concentrating, I can hear his steady and light breathing as he sleeps peacefully.

Guilt fills me as I'm the reason he's sleeping on the couch alone while I'm in his comfortable and warm king sized bed alone.

I can't help but wonder what made me come here yesterday. Did something happen between us? Are we still fighting? Is he mad at me for leaving the other day?

I hope he isn't mad at me. I don't think I'm mad at him anymore, I don't know if I ever was. I was just upset and terrified that he would mark me.

I don't know how long I stayed there, staring at Ryder. But soon enough, Ryder was tossing in his sleep uncomfortably until his eye lids flutter open, waking himself up.

Ryder looks around the room, probably taking in his surroundings, before his eyes land on me. His eye widen in shock when he realises I'm awake and already staring at him. "How long have you been awake?" He asks me in a sleepy voice, making him clear his throat.

"Um," I clear my throat as well, "not long, I just woke up," I respond making Ryder nod his head as he sits up on the couch. "How did I get here?" I ask.

"Blaze found you outside our borders while he was on patrol last night, you were smashed and asking for me so I came to get you and brought you here," he confirms. I slowly nod taking in the new information. "You passed out shortly before we got to the house, so I put you to bed."

I remember getting up from my bar last night and heading somewhere, but don't really remember coming here. I probably shouldn't of drank that much last night. Hopefully, Kai got home safely.

"You could've slept in the bed," I tell him, feeling bad that I'm the reason he didn't sleep in his own bed.

Ryder shakes his head, "I didn't- don't know if you are still mad at me, so I didn't want to risk you leaving again." My chest hurts from hearing that.

"I'm not mad at you," I whisper. "I don't think I was ever mad at you. I was just scared when you nearly marked me," I tell him.

Ryder looks at me with regretful eyes, "I shouldn't of lost control on you like that Elias, I'm so, so sorry," he apologises with regret.

"It's okay, Ryder," I forgive him genuinely.

"I'll try my absolute best to not lose control like that again with you Elias. I never want to mark you like that," he swears. "But sooner or later you're going to have to tell Silas and Kai about us, because we could possibly go into heat if we don't mark each other," Ryder tells me seriously.