xliv. Storm

폭풍

폭풍

"ITS YOU?"

Jungkook's raw voice rang in Mina's ears as she stared back at him in bewilderment, her brain going absolutely blank. It can't be, she repeated. No, no, no.

"Jungkook..." her voice came out in nearly a whisper, her entire body from head to toe overwhelmed from shock and weakness. The exhaustion she felt reminded her of the situation they were in, in Shadow's fingertips, their identities just revealed to the city and to each other. Not to mention, the true identity of her partner was revealed to be the love of her life, who she had fought alongside for months. He was right there, always, right under her nose and she never knew. This is a nightmare.

"M-Mina, what do we do?" Jungkook asked, his arm leaning on the glass frame as he blinked heavily, barely able to process the situation in his mind. The pod was draining his power, and it was almost as if he was floating in and out of consciousness.

"We... We have to get out of here," she breathed out, stepping back and trying her best to muster enough energy to look around her pod, looking for a way out once again. A small lightbulb clicked in her head as she saw the rod sticking out, her now useless bracelet hanging off of the magnet, almost taunting her.

She grunted as she planted her hands on it, clenching her fists before pulling on it. She concentrated just enough, her entire body screaming for help, pleading her to stop but she kept pulling, and pulling until it broke off. She heaved, shoving it into the small crack between the glass and the pod, wedging it in and leaning her entire body onto it, grunting loudly. Jungkook watched her through heavy eyelids, his legs officially having given out as he fell to his knees.

The glass door of Mina's pod popped open, and a sigh of relief fell out of her mouth as she collapsed onto the floor, taking deep breaths. The draining feeling was gone; but she still felt utterly weak, her body slowing itself down. She then realized that the cameras were still on, broadcasting this live for the entire city to see. Weakly looking toward the camera, she rose her hand, wincing from the difficulty until suddenly, a weak string of energy flew from her fingertips, awkwardly transmitting through the air until it hit the camera, breaking it and sending it toppling onto the ground.

A knock on Jungkook's glass door brought her back into her head, and she crawled across the cement floor, grabbing onto the latch and pulling it open. Jungkook immediately fell out of it, landing in Mina's lap as he heaved for air, his lungs working slower and his mind almost turned to mush.

Mina coughed as she helped Jungkook up onto his feet, grabbing his arm and wrapping it around her shoulder as she stumbled on her own feet.

"It's been you this entire time," Jungkook panted, turning his head to her and watching her shake her head as she tried to catch her breath.

"We don't have time to talk about this now," Mina told him. "We have to go."

Mina stepped toward the door, practically keeping Jungkook on his feet as she turned the knob. They were in a warehouse, empty and dark, a few hanging ceilings lights barely enough the light up the large space. It reeked of cement and gas, a combination that made her head ache, especially considering the thundering storm outside.