Chapter 20: Absence

~•×•~

~•×•~

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

It's been a week since you last saw him. Prince Jungkook has left for a hunting trip you just learnt today. He didn'te ven said good bye after that pleasant stroll you had. Eli thought you were aware but seeing your face drop made her sigh.

"I'm sorry, I thought you knew," Eli apologizes.

You shake your head gently.

"Pleade don't apologize, it's nothing," you affirm her.

"I don't have any idea when he'll be back. Why are you asking by the way?" She added.

To be honest, you didn't know as well. Why you were looking for him. Why your heart searches him. Your eyes widen at that thought.

No no no

Search?

Yearn?

"I just got curious why he wasn't around pestering me, that's all," you answer her.

Eli narrows her eyes at you and starts smiling mischieviously.

"What's with that look?" You ask her.

"I think you have grown to like him around don't you?" She teases.

You wave her off. "Nonesense," you say.

"And I think you miss him,' Eli continues.

"Okay, I'm shutting this conversation down," you tell her and stands up to leave.

"Don't worrt, I'll keep you updated!" Eli follows you with her words.

You shake your head and quivkly leaces before she could even say more words that might confirm what you feel.

Three weeks

Another three weeks have pass and Jungkook is still nowhere to be found. Many happened in that two weeks. The king enstated you to be the kingdom's education overseer — large responsibility for you. But because the king's vision hits home to you, you gladly said yes!

I believe education isn't only for the rich and the royals, the king said.

You believe that too.