ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Nine

Song: Say It To My Face

By: Madison Beer

Dedicated to: Valeria and Maria, so good hanging out again!

I'm stacking up the books on the shelf when I find Josie sitting in a corner

She's reading a Percy Jackson book.

"Josie."

She looks up from her book and smiles at me. Then she closes her book and gets up from the ground.

I move the cart behind me so it wasn't in the way.

"I've never seen you here. Why are you reading on the ground?"

"Why not?"

I snorted and said, "True, but seriously, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be at Elias's?"

Josie sighed, putting the book back where she got it from.

"That's why I'm here, to get a distraction from Elias."

I'm about to ask why she needed a distraction but it seems she read my mind.

"He's been acting weird ever since we slept together. First, he's fucking me into heaven and back, but then he's ignoring me the next day. It's annoying and honestly hurtful at times. He also gets seriously possessive. Elias saw some guy talking to me at the party, trying to get at me, then he pulled me away. Telling the guy to fuck off. He took me upstairs and took me from behind, making me say over and over how I am his. Then today he's ignoring my texts and didn't talk to me at school."

I want to tell her so bad about the bet. Maybe that'd help her make sense of all of this. But it's not my place to tell, Elias's family was brought into this. Besides, if Malia found out that I knew about it, she'd kill me.