Chapter 2: A Brutal Interaction

I crossed my arms as I waited.
Shortly after she gave my phone back, "Like you said this is your senior year, you wouldn't wanna retake this, would you?"

"No, but I won't. I mean, they can't make me."
Isaiah popped out of no where and ran up to Rae, "real quick, what class do you have next Rae?"

"Social studies."

"Oh, Ms. Jamie isn't giving out homework since it's testing week, but she's going to explain everything in the beginning of class so you should probably head over."
She nodded her head, and jogged to the social studies classroom, D2.

"So Thomas, how've you been?" He said and came in for a hug, I hugged him and he rubbed his hand on my back.

"I'm doing alright.." I said as my suspicions raised.

"Yeah nothing too special?"

"No, Isaiah." I turned to him and he had a mischievous grin he just could not hide.
My heart started beating a little faster, what is he gonna do..
-
I made it to my math class, today and nothing but eyes covered my body, "Thomas, mind explaining to me why you are late?" The teacher said as she crossed her arms.
Even though I knew what I was gonna say, I panicked.
"Oh, Mrs. Gabs kept me back for a while to talk to me and another student. She said if you don't believe me then to talk to her."

"Oh that's fine, I believe you. Just have a seat."
Eyes lazered onto me as I began walking to my seat. I felt extremely awkward, and the silence became loud, until it didn't. Everyone broke into laughter. I was confused, who were they laughing at? What were they laughing? Did I do something wrong?
I looked around, and even the teacher was trying to hold herself back from laughing, "why is everyone laughing?.."
The laughter leveled out, then someone when up to me and ripped something off my back, "hey!-" I turned back, just to see a student laughing with a paper in his hand that had dork written on it.
My eyes enlarged and I snatched the paper from him, immediately my face felt hot.
"Alright class! Let's just continue with our lesson."
I crumbled the paper and shoved it into my jeans pocket.
I looked down at my feet wondering how that paper got on me. I didn't have it before science, Micheal and toast would've told me. I most likely didn't have it once I left science..
Then it clicked, how could I be so stupid! It was obviously Isaiah. No wonder he hugged me! He never does that. But why was Rae playing with paper and tape in class? Was she apart of planning this..?
I looked around, feeling like a turtle without it's shell. I could still feel people's eyes on me, why was this day going so bad?
-
This was the period before lunch and my day was already bad. I felt betrayed that Raechel would do something like that. I mean, I've always been picked on by Isaiah, and I never thought that they would actually go out their way to gather a crowd and make fun of me which is technically what he just did.
"Thomas," my teacher laid her hand on my shoulder, I wasn't paying attention, so I jumped. "Y-Yes ma'am?" I said as I fixed my hair. The teacher looked at me sternly, "are you alright? You've had your head down my whole class."

"Oh, sorry about that.." I scratched the back of my head, "I'm fine though, there have just been things on my mind, I'll pay attention from now-" then the bell had chimed, cutting me off from talking.
"I guess not even the bell wanted you to keep talking." Isaiah laughed. 
I looked down at the floor as everyone started packing their stuff up, "well that's the lunch bell. Enjoy it everyone, because since it's Friday tomorrow, we'll be having a quiz! Great way to end the weekend right?" Groans filled the classroom, however I was filled with excitement, I knew I was gonna ace this test.. even though I didn't pay attention all class, but it'll be fine..!

I stood, and Isaiah walked up behind me, "Chill out dude. Its just a joke, alright?" He exited the classroom. Its not a joke to me.. 

I left the classroom and got my lunch. Micheal toast and I always ate our lunch in the area outside, so I began walking over there. The usual chilling breeze crashed against my face as I entered the outdoors. I grinned once the trees leaves waved back and forth, the birds chirping, and the beautiful meadow laid beyond the gated area.
I sat down and sighed, I lied back on my chair, then I felt a tap on my shoulder that had spooked me.
It was Raechel, "hey, nerd." She giggled as she joined me at my table.