fatigue

hey ya'll short-ish chapter but literally writing the next one rn.

shush. dont say it. i know ya'll gonna scream at me for ghosting. for that i am sorry once again. also i will update 'a knight's promise' but i just have a lot of inspiration for this story at the moment soz 

ily all tho <3

------------------------------------------------------

——(your pov )——

you walked slightly behind link and focused on the noise of your boots as you tried to distract yourself from the pain in your wrists. link jumped down the slight cliff of the yiga's clan's entrance and turned towards you, his hand outstretched indicating for yours.

you smiled slightly but winced when the sudden wind made contact with your injuries as you went for link's hand. his silent expression turned to worry as he helped you down the cliff, your hand in his, where he delicately held your palm to ensure there would be no more pain. 

"thanks.."

link nodded in reply and you carefully stepped down with a shiver from the desert night. link let go of your hand and pulled out his hylian hood and placed it around your shoulders, it seemed like link didn't have any of his things except for weapons and his hood. you blushed a little from the gesture but looked away. you didn't even notice his new outfit for the desert, it was quite beautiful but also revealing.

"does it still hurt?"

-

"a little..."

you looked away, your eyes avoiding contact with link's. it was too much.

"what's wrong, (y/n)?"

you glanced at him for a brief moment but shrugged him off as you continued walking forward. link watched as you went past him and he felt a little dumbfounded. your mind was buzzing with so many thoughts; what did the yiga mean when he said you had something? what about your feelings for link? how does impa know you?

you sighed and waited for link to catch up to you. his eyes wavered over you for a second before he returned to leading you out to the desert. you looked around and saw nothing but hills of sand and small oasis' here and there. you also noticed a small plethora of buildings in the far distance that looked a bit like a town. the wind howled once more and you looked towards your wrists as you winced again - you were sure that walking in the desert would allow sand to get into your injuries, causing infection. 

link looked towards you and searched around for something that could cover up your wrists. 

"(y/n), rip some material off your tunic. we can use it as a bandage for now."

-

"it's dirty, link. my wrists would get infected either way."

link hummed and looked out towards the desert. there was a small oasis not too far from where you stood.

"let's go over there - there could be a traveler or some water. we could probably rest there too."

you agreed and followed the hylian, your boots dipping into the sand making it a bit difficult for you to walk. link had no trouble of course, as his new desert shoes allowed him to be a little lighter on his feet. you both traveled across the sandy plain but you started to get slower and slower, gradually being left behind. 

link turned around and saw you on the sand on your knees, you were exhausted from all the events that happened and from the pain. you apologised to link and reassured him that you would catch up but he quickly walked towards you and asked you to stand. you obliged and slowly stood when link swiftly placed and arm under your knees and the other under your back. you gasped and blushed a little.

"link! i-i can walk, i'll be fine. put me down please..."

link said nothing and simply continued to walk towards the small oasis with you in his arms. you glanced up at him for a moment and saw how determined he was to get you both to the oasis. his face held no expression and you knew you couldn't get him to change his mind anyway. 

you slowly placed your right hand on his chest and closed your eyes, leaning into his chest. the silence between you two was calm, yet it seemed so loud. perhaps the noise was your thoughts - and maybe his too.