Chapter 56

The next day, Tris was in a good mood and wanted to have a good day. She woke up on time, and George even made her coffee that morning before they headed to the Great Hall together. Their first classes went by really well, but now it was time to go to the most dreaded class of the day. Defense Against the Dark Arts aka DADA. That was the class Umbridge had taken over.

When Tris and George walked into the room together hand in hand, Umbridge used a spell that shocked them, making them let go of each other's hand. "What the hell!" George snapped as he shook his hand. "Do not use that tone of voice with me, Mr. Weasley. You and Miss Lupin are not allowed to be within 6 inches of each other. In fact, no students are to be within 6 inches of one another during class hours." Umbridge said as she smiled at the angry couple.

They weren't the only ones who got yelled at today. Apparently Harry now had detention for talking back to her after trying to tell her the truth about Voldemort being back and about Viktor Krum's death. "Now, take your seats otherwise you both will have detention." she snarled. George was about to say something but Tris whispered over to him and made him back off. "The next student who talks back without raising their hands first, will be sent to detention." Umbridge said to the class of students.

Edmund and Susan looked across to each other and everyone else did the same. She was treating them like they were in kindergarten again. Tris then raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Lupin." Umbridge snarled. "Do you think its fun to hurt students all because they don't do what you want." Tris said to her with a serious facial expression. Umbridge then removed the smile that was once on her face.

"Excuse me?" she said. "I mean, do you really think its okay to burn words on a students hand as a way of discipline?" Tris remarked. Normally George would try to hold her back from lashing out at someone but he let Tris continue calling the pink goblin out. "I give discipline in ways I feel is necessary, and luckily for you, Miss Lupin, you'll get to find out for yourself after class. Detention in my office straight after class." Umbridge snapped.

"So you give detention to students who call you out?" Tris said as she raised her voice. "ENOUGH!" Umbridge shouted. Everyone jumped at her sudden yelling. The room was now quiet as Tris and Umbridge were now staring at each other as if daggers were shooting out of their eyes. Trista's hair had now turned the darkest red yet. She was full of anger as she sat there and listened to Umbridge teach her useless class that was at a first years level.

After class was over, George reassured Tris that everything would be okay before he and Fred walked off to their next class. "Ehem." Umbridge snarled with that high squeaky voice of hers. Tris then rolled her eyes and turned around before following after the short plump goblin. Once they got to her office, Umbridge told Tris to take a seat in her unusually pink chair. She then told Tris to pick up a quill and start writing, "I must not talk back."

Tris didn't say a word and started writing like she said. She was writing for a minute or two when suddenly she felt a sharp burning pain on the back of her hand. When she looked, she saw the words "I must not talk back" appear on the back of her hand. Umbridge saw the look on Tris' face and decided to play dumb and ask her what's wrong. Tris just looked up at her and told her nothing was wrong. She wasn't going to give Umbridge the satisfaction of watching her be in pain so she acted like nothing was wrong.

Once Umbridge felt her punishment lasted long enough, she excused Tris from her office and told her to get back to her other classes. Tris walked down the halls with her hand clinched and wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. She walked into Professor Flitwick's class and all eyes turned to her because she walked in late. "Sorry Professor." she said quietly. "Please, take your seat Miss Lupin." Flitwick said as he continued on with his class. George decided to break the rules and when Flitwick turned around, he ran straight over to Tris and sat right beside her.