55. HEAVEN'S ON FIRE

The tattoo artist turned into a narrow alley and took his foot off the gas

The tattoo artist turned into a narrow alley and took his foot off the gas. He let his car roll forward for a moment longer, slowly slowing down, then finally stopping it definitively, turning off the engine. He applied the handbrake and moved his hands towards the buckle to unfasten the seat belt in one smooth move. He was about to get out of the car when something stopped him. He shifted his gaze quickly to his companion. The brunet sat almost motionless, clenching his fingers on his bright jeans-clad thighs, staring in front of him absently. Taehyung's tattooed hand almost instinctively found its way to his, covering it. Only when he felt his touch, Jeongguk shifted his gaze to him.

"Honey, we are here," the redhead said in a gentle voice.

"Hm?" The young CEO muttered, as if not sure if he had heard his words correctly. "W-What?" He asked after a moment, and looked around as if to make sure what the tattoo artist said was true. "Jesus, I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice we were here," he added quickly, and he, too, unbuckled his seat belt.

Taehyung squeezed his hand gently, giving him a beautiful smile, then opened the door and quickly got out of the car. After Jeongguk was left alone, he exhaled loudly from his lungs. Even though he thought a lot about this moment and looked forward to it for a long time, he felt strangely nervous. Less than two hours ago, they landed again in Seoul. First they headed to Tae's apartment to drop off their suitcases, then got into the Hyundai and came here. Now he was in the car, in front of the tattoo artist's mom's house, and he didn't know what to do with himself. On the one hand, he wanted to run towards the house to finally see Jae, and on the other, he wanted to run away, fearing what might happen.

"Get a grip, Gguk," he whispered to himself, then sucked a gulp of air into his lungs and got out of the car.

The tattoo artist was standing next to the car, a lit cigarette in his hand. When he saw him, he lifted the fag to his mouth and, slipping it between his lips, took a hard drag, then smothered the cigarette butt on the dustbin. He moved towards him almost immediately, closing the distance between them. He only stopped a few centimeters from him. He took his hand and brought it to his mouth, placing a gentle kiss on top of it.

"Ready?" He asked, looking him straight in the eyes.

Jeongguk nodded, feeling his throat tighten so strongly he couldn't utter a word. The heart in his chest was pounding so hard he thought the tattoo artist could hear it too. He looked at him as if to see if he was upset, too, but he gave him another lovely smile, then, clasping their hands together, made his way towards his mother's house. The young CEO allowed him to lead him, though with each step his anxious thoughts grew wilder and more frenetic. When they were almost in front of the house, the brunet suddenly stopped abruptly and turned towards the tattoo artist. His mouth was dry, and he moistened his lips quickly as he tried to even out his troubled breathing.

"Maybe... maybe I should have bought him something?" He asked, clearly nervous. "S-some stuffed animal or a toy car... Or at least mochi..." he added, trying to somehow organize his chaotic thoughts.