This Is Halloween

"So this is your plan, you’re gonna smite the whole friggin’ town?" Dean asked Castiel after a moment of silence. "We’re out of time. This witch has to die, the seal must be saved." Castiel replied. "There are a thousand people here." Sam said. "One thousand two hundred fourteen." Uriel corrected.

"And you’re willing to kill them all?" I asked him, angrily. "This isn’t the first time I’ve…purified a city." Uriel said. "Look, I understand this is regrettable." Castiel said. "Regrettable?" Dean asked. "We have to hold the line. Too many seals have broken already." Castiel said.

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?" Dean asked. "It’s the lives of one thousand against the lives of six billion. There’s a bigger picture here." Castiel said and I roll my eyes. "Right, cause you’re bigger picture kind of guys." I said. "Lucifer cannot rise. He does and hell rises with him. Is that something that you’re willing to risk?" Castiel said as he walks up to me. "We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone. Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die." Sam said.

"We're wasting time with these mud monkeys." Uriel growls and Castiel turns away from the trio and turns to Uriel. "I’m sorry, but we have our orders." Castiel said and Sam and I jump at this. "No, you can’t do this, you’re angels, I mean aren’t you supposed to – You’re supposed to show mercy." Sam said

"Says who?" Uriel asked, venomously. "We have no choice." Castiel said. "Of course you have a choice. I mean, come on, what? You’ve never questioned a crap order, huh? What are you both, just a couple of hammers?" Dean asked. "Look, even if you can’t understand it, have faith. The plan is just." said Castiel.

"How can you even say that?" I asked, upset. "Because it comes from heaven, that makes it just." Castiel replied. "Oh, it must be nice, to be so sure of yourselves." Dean sneers and Castiel turns to him. "Tell me something, Dean, when your father gave you an order, didn’t you obey?" he asked and Dean looks at Castiel and takes a second before responding. "Well sorry boys, looks like the plans have changed."

"You think you can stop us?" Uriel asked and Dean walks over and gets into Uriel's face. "No, but if you’re gonna smite this whole town, then you’re gonna have to smite us with it, because we are not leaving. See, you went to the trouble of busting me out of hell. I figure I’m worth something to the man upstairs. So you wanna waste me, go ahead, see how he digs that." he said. "I will drag you out of here myself." Uriel growls.

"Yeah, but you’ll have to kill me, then we’re back to the same problem. I mean, come on, you're gonna wipe out a whole town for one little witch. Sounds to me like you're compensating for something." Dean said then he turns back and looks at Castiel. "We can do this. We will find that witch and we will stop the summoning." he said. 

"Castiel! I will not let these peop–" Uriel started to shout but Castiel holds up his hand at Uriel. "Enough!" he bellows then he stares at Dean for a second. "I suggest you move quickly." Castiel said.

Seconds later, Dean, Sam and I walk out of the room and towards the Impala and we enter inside. "What?" Dean asked Sam as I get into the backseat. "Nothing." Sam grumbles and I look over at him and see him holding the hex bag in his hands then he takes a breath.

"I thought they’d be different." Sam said, disappointed, and I nod. "Who, the angels?" Dean asked. "Yeah." Sam said. "Well, I tried to tell ya." said Dean. "I thought they’d be righteous." I said. "Well, they are righteous, I mean, that’s kinda the problem. Of course there’s nothing more dangerous than some a-hole who thinks he’s on a holy mission." Dean said.

"But this is God? And Heaven? This is what I’ve been praying to?" Sam asked, upset. "Look man, I know you’re into the whole God thing, you know, Jesus on a tortilla and stuff like that. But just because there’s a couple of bad apples doesn’t mean the whole barrel’s rotten. I mean, for all we know, God hates these jerks. Don’t give up on this stuff, is all I’m saying. Babe Ruth was a dick but baseball’s still a beautiful game." Dean said and Sam looks at him, but I could tell that he lloved disappointed.