007. identity crisis

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"BE CAREFUL, Ms. Cassidy. Your brother isn't the only one with abilities that can be dangerous if they go unchecked." Uriel's words played on repeat in Eleanor's head. She knew there was no way he meant Dean. He warned her specifically, not her and Sam.

She couldn't stop thinking back to the ghost in the mausoleum. She would have thought nothing of it if Uriel hadn't made that comment. It was possible ghost's disappearance really had been Dean, but she wouldn't know for sure unless she could try to make it happen again.

Uriel had brought back memories of John Winchester's words. The witch mistake. The abomination. Halfbreed bitch. She hadn't thought she was a witch, but then again, she hadn't known there were ghosts and demons in the world either.

She stood in the back of Bobby's scrap yard, not wanting to be seen by her brother's. Eleanor thrust out her hand, trying to see if she could make anything happen. She wanted to see if she really did have some sort of strange abilities.

When nothing happens, she lets out a frustrated sigh and leans against the car. "Okay, so that doesn't work." As it turned out, snapping, gesturing and pointing didn't work either.

"Focus!" the tiny voice in her head commands. Eleanor closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. She tried to focus on something small, like creating a spark of light. Opening her eyes after another breath, she wills light into existence.

A small purple flash of light appears and disappears in the matter of a second. She breaks into a bright, triumphant smile.

Her smile dropped as it hit her. That was her that made the ghost disappear. She needed to call her mom. She needed an explanation.

It took two days for Eleanor to gather up the courage to call her mother.

Seraphina told her everything. From the beginning, with her grandfather, a nephilim, or half angel, who married her grandmother, one of the most powerful witches in France, all the way to the end, with her mother's spell to keep the family hidden.

Eleanor didn't know what to do. Everything she thought she knew was wrong. How was she supposed to tell Sam and Dean that she was one of the very things they hunted? She would be lucky if they didn't kill her on the spot.

She had told them she needed a few days to catch up on school and stayed at Bobby's while they went looking for a case. She just couldn't face them.

Eleanor's phone rings, snapping her out of her whirlwind of thoughts. She picks it up, only to find Dean was calling. After a few moments of mental debate, she answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, Elle, I know you're working on school stuff and I'm sorry to take you away from that but we really need your help on this case."

She bit her lip, thinking it over. "I don't know, Dean..."