C H A P T E R 2 2

The 74th Annual Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark: the lethal lovers, the girl on fire and the baker boy, the star-crossed lovers, whatever you want to call them, they had entered the eyes of the Capitol, lighting a spark of hope wherever the raven haired girl went. Little did they know, Katniss Everdeen was the beginning of the end.

She revealed a new fate the second she volunteered, she sealed her fate the second she defied Snow, revealing the nightlock berries to end both their lives. The second two Tributes walked out of that arena alive as Victors, the flickering spark evolved into a small, ever growing flame.

On a positive note, at least the pair of new Victors took some of the prying eyes away from Finnick and Jessica. However, they didn't take much of the spotlight away from the Capitol favourites: the Princess of Panem and the Golden Boy. 

After just less than two years of their 'fake relationship', they still have the Capitol wrapped around their fingers and, had finally both realised their feelings for each other. However, neither of them had admitted it to themselves yet, let alone to each other.

AN: this is the end of act 2. ik it's really short but it's literally only a 'filler' chapter to show that Katniss and Peeta have won bc it's kinda a big thing yk. Anyways onto catching fire now.