5 - back to the bottle

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" CUT THE SHIT, VINCE. "

alexa, play CAKE by melanie martinez

^^^^^^

"Your dad really said that?" Brielle seemed to be the most shocked out of all of us once I had told them what Dad had told me.

"I mean, you know he's not wrong, right?" I looked around at our entire friend group, hating to be the one to bring our spirits down, but it was destined to happen sooner or later. "With all this shit, this could be the last time we all see each other alive."

"Jesus, Tatum, don't say that-" Amber seemed to be an odd mix of emotions: confused, concerned, joyful, and angry. All at once.

That didn't add up to me.

"No, she actually has a point." Wes came to my defense.

"She does, yeah." Mindy pressed her lips together in agreement.

"She always does." Laina shrugged, and I smirked.

"Tates makes the most points out of all of us," Brielle seemed to be in a better mood now, "skip over the denial phase, Amber, and make it easier for all of us."

"Exactly!" Chad finally contributed to the conversation, but Liv seemed to be in her own world.

Expected. 

"So...anybody have anything you want to confess?" I asked, looking around and pressing my hands against the sides of the pool table in a 1920's gangster way.

"I'm the killer." Wes, Brielle, Laina, Chad, Mindy, Amber, and Liv all said the same exact thing at the same exact time.

"Damn, y'all even had a harmony with that." I pursed my lips, letting out a small laugh. "Good job."

"Thank you for realizing, it took a long time to perfect." Wes bashfully smiled.

"I think it's Sam." Amber said abruptly, and I gave her a quizzical look. "Don't give me that look, I mean, we've all heard the rumors here, haven't we? About her real father? Just saying, it sounds like a perfect Stab movie."

"That's ridiculous." I scoffed and crossed my arms, sitting back down on a bar stool Wes had pulled over for himself, and now I had stolen it.