➳drapetomania

This chapter is really long and I don't know why, I thought it was a good idea to squish two and a bit chapters together. If you make it to the end then I'll buy you a pug. I've used far too many dashes and commas as well and some of it makes no sense idk I'm sorry.

Also I think wattpad's being a bitch again, and there is a possibility that the end of the chapter's been cut off. If it has then I'm really sorry, let me know and I'll try and fix it, if I can.

I swear I spend more time trying to fix this godamn thing why don't they focus on making it fucking work rather than changing how it looks every five minutes.

Pre-vote if you hate wattpad guys omfg.

Drapetomania- an overwhelming desire to run away.

My heart had pretty much exploded by the time Gerard had moved his hand from my back, and my knees had done that thing where they went all wobbly and refused to hold my weight. Everything in my body, really, wasn't doing what it was supposed to. My lungs weren't breathing- they were repelling any air. My heart was pounding. My bones were like jelly- and it was all because of Gerard.

Once the rain went off and we left the phone box, walking side by side in the street, all I could do was replay that moment in my head; the softness of his lips but the intensity of the kiss, the grip of his hand but the gentleness of his touch. More than once I caught myself looking at him sideways, watching his lips and his eyes and how he moved with such grace- how absolutely everything about this boy was beautiful.

With my body fighting everything it was supposed to be doing, I felt Gerard's touch on my hand, lacing his fingers through mine in a gesture that seemed so natural and perfect that I found myself wondering why we hadn't done it sooner. His hands were cold, but soft, and fit in mine like it was made for me. As cliche as I'm aware this sounds, the things I'd thought to say instead- none of it mattered, because Gerard Way had just kissed me, the way I'd wanted to kiss him, and I couldn't find it within myself to care about anything else.

It was still only late morning or early afternoon, but we appeared to be going back to Gerard's house. Honestly- I didn't care where we went as long as I was with him. We could be anywhere and it wouldn't matter to me. Nothing mattered to me- not at the minute and probably not for quite a long time yet, because my feelings were returned, he'd kissed me. There had been some connection between Gerard and I today, in the few hours between him telling me something of such a magnitude that he did and kissing me; it was profound and special and for once, I felt like I was here for a reason.

"Seeing as the weather's not too brilliant, shall we just go home and find something to do? Like terrorize Ray or something?"

Although he was saying typically Gerard things, his tone wasn't the same as it had been before. Although he had always been thoughtful, as though every single sentence and movement was planned out perfectly, this was even more so. I couldn't pinpoint it, but there was a new and sudden gentleness to Gerard's tone, although I was in no doubt as to why that was.

"I don't mind where we go," I replied. I'd thought that my tone was easy and non-committal, but apparently I'd misjudged it, because Gerard turned around and shot me a look that made me wonder what it was that had presented a sudden problem.

Although he kept walking, his usually fluid movements were jarring. "Look, Frank... I hope that what I did wasn't... Wasn't something I shouldn't have... If I've made you uncomfortable or anything then..."

Cutting him off mid sentence, I turned him to face me, took his face in my hands, and kissed him again. Although this one was quick, it made my point and was accompanied with the same explosion in the pit of my stomach. When I let go of him, letting my hands fall to my side, I was met with a rather adorable grin that was slightly out of character for someone usually so composed.