Chapter Twenty Seven: Should We Take a Vote?

*******Mairette's POV*******

"Did he say why he wants to meet with us?" I asked them again, fidgeting with my fingers.

"No, Yeobo," Hobi said, reaching for my hand. His voice was scratchy, like he had a really bad cold. But at least he was audible now. "Like I told you, he asked if he could have a meeting with all three of us. He was...upset the last time that we showed up without you."

"Upset?" I asked him. "Why would he be upset?"

"He was looking forward to meeting you," Jungkook said, leaning into my side. His voice, on the other hand, was almost back to normal. "He was really happy for us, that we had found our soulmate, and couldn't wait to meet her."

"But I ran back to the ship." It wasn't a question or a statement. It just kind of....was.

"Yeah," JK said. "No more of that, okay?"

"I promise baby," I told him. I turned my head to kiss his temple. "I'm not leaving again. I can't handle the fact that the two of you lost your voices because of me."

"It wasn't just because of you," Hobi said. "We could have come to you sooner, when we first started losing our voice, and especially when we went to the doctor and found out why. But we didn't want to push you."

"At least we figured out how to get them back," Jungkook pointed out to us. He reached for my hand, grabbed it, then set it on top of Hobi's on my knee and held both of our hands there.

It had taken us a few days, but we had finally figured out how to get back the things that we had lost. The more we did for each other, to show each other how much we love the other, the more that we got back. It started when Kook let Hobi top him. He had prepped himself in the bathroom, to show Hobi how much he wanted it. Apparently our soulmate bond thought that that was a sign of the true love that JK has for Hobi, so it gave JK some of his voice back.

Next, I let my men sleep and I went to get them breakfast and bring it back to the room. I noticed that I could read a few of the smaller words on the menu. By the time that I had gotten back with their food and set it out for them to eat, I could read the words on the hoodies that they had both pulled on.

After that came Hobi feeding Jungkook his own food with his chopsticks, because JK was too tired after a long, frustrating day in the studio, without his whole voice, to go and find food for himself. Hobi had fed him all of it, without JK knowing it, since his eyes were closed in exhaustion. By the time that Hobi snuck back out to get himself some more food, he could talk just enough to order it without having to write it down like he had for the food that he fed Jungkook.

It continued on like that for a week. They'd bring me flowers. I'd cook them dinner. Jungkook or I would protect Hobi from a moth. Hobi would do the dishes so that we didn't have to, because he knew how much I loved to cook, but despised the clean-up.

Even when Hobi had given Jungkook his window seat on the flight back to Seoul, it helped. Hobi got a good bit of his voice back for that one, even though he hates the window seat, anyway, because he doesn't like heights.

The boys had to cancel their 4 nights worth of shows in Japan, because of Hobi and Jungkook losing their voices, so we had gone back to South Korea, instead. We'd been back three days when they got a call from one of their managers telling them that Bang PD had asked for a meeting with them. No...not just them. With us.

So here we were, sitting at a table in a conference room at HYBE, waiting on him to come in.

When the door opened, I looked up, expecting to see the man that Jungkook had shown me a picture of. What I didn't expect to see, was Yoongi and Jimin to walk in, with Mandy close behind them.