Chapter 16

After that fight you had with Nahoya, you two came to understand each other more. You became more patient and understanding with him while he learned a thing or two about reading the mood before saying anything.

Needless to say, the days passed by peacefully, your study sessions with Nahoya went smoothly and he began catching up to the lessons. But also because of your budding friendship with your seatmate, your classmates' teasing didn't stop. It's often hard to ignore the butterflies that come along with every teasing or close contact with the peach-haired boy.

When the exam day arrived and you nailed every test, you earned quite a high score, while you couldn't come close to the class' top 1, Hiroshi, it's higher than what you usually get. This is all thanks to your study buddy, you turned around to see Nahoya busy looking at his test papers. You gulped and went towards him, noticing his hands shake a bit and his unreadable expression.

"H..hey how's —"

Your eyes widen when Nahoya suddenly got up from his chair and hugged you. "Y/n! Y/n! I passed and had some high scores in some subjects" You patted his back as he let out a victory laugh.

Before the hug could last more than a minute, you pushed him away gently, not wanting another teasing from your classmates "See I told you you can do it. You're not dumb 'Hoya, you're just lazy"

Nahoya showed you his papers and you saw the fruits of your labors. "Let's celebrate later, I'll treat ya to dinner after a Toman meeting"

"Sure! I like the sound of that... wait, just the two of us?"

"Souya's coming too"

You mentally facepalmed yourself for asking that. Of course, what were you even expecting?

Nahoya interrupted your thoughts by grabbing your shoulder with a mischievous smirk plastered on his face. He slowly leaned down on you as he whispered in your ear "Unless you want it to be just the two of us"

His low husky voice sent shivers down your spine, you can feel his warm breath and smell his minty cologne intoxicating you. At that moment you were so close to just saying yes when you heard a faint chuckle from one of your friends in class. You saw them staring at you two as she nudged another classmate while pointing at you two.

You quickly pushed the guy in front of you and shouted "No!"

He flinch at your reaction which made you feel bad a little. "What I meant to say is...Let's also invite some Toman members! That would be fun, plus I missed Emma"

Just when Nahoya was about to reply, Souya came along and checked his brother's test papers. "Wow! Congrats brother, also thanks Y/n I never thought I'd see the day he'd have such good results"

"Right? I knew it, I'm secretly very smart" Nahoya bragged as he went to Souya to tell him about celebrating later with the gang by eating outside.

You smiled at Nahoya's contagious happiness, seeing him brag about his score to everyone in class melts your heart since you knew he deserves it, but would often smack him in the head when he goes too far and becomes annoying.

༺❀༻

"Girl! I missed you!" Emma shouted as soon as she saw you. She immediately rushes to your side and hugs you.

"I missed you as well" You hug her and then greeted the others who were with her. The boys let you girls catch up in the corner and they begin the Toman meeting.

Emma led you to a nearby bench as both of you talked about school and other things, you already told her the truth about liking Mitsuya, she said it was alright and admitted to having eavesdropped on you two. Emma mostly talked about her attempts to get Draken to notice her and sometimes about her brother, Mikey. You just listened carefully and tried to give advice or your thoughts on certain things.