chapter sixteen: time flys

Narrator p.o.v

Dryden felt he was finally making a family but he also felt that they were hiding something from him, they had stayed on the island for a few months and dryden had found them planning things in the eating area something about an attack and setting up defence's.

Dryden knew that they had some problems with dragon hunters and needed to hide from them but when ever they gathered into that mess hall they would tell me it was business he didn't need to worry about, well this day they did it one too many times and dryden decided he needed to blow off some steam.

Dryden p.o.v

I woke up on the tower I had made as my place to stay and I had woken up due to angel literally sitting on me while I was in bed, "oooowww ... Angel ...what do ... You ... Want?" I asked trying to get a breath she finally got off and turned to look at me, she then began flapping her wings knocking things off the walls "ok ok ... You want to go on a fly ... At least you didn't lick me" I stated getting out of bed, I picked up my peg leg and reattached it to my leg and then I stood up.

"Fine we'll go for an early morning fly around the nearby islands" I stated as I stood up, I looked over at my white armour and just shrugged "hiccups cloths will do I don't need that armour for a nice fly" I said to myself and yes I still have hiccups cloths he gave me some spare that he had plus I like green and his green shirt is really nice.

I walked out of my hut and looked out over our now large camp that we agreed to name the edge because it was on the edge of known maps, "ok come on angel" I called her and she crawled out and let me jump onto her then she took off at speeds that caught me of guard because it was early in the morning.

And to be fair it's beautiful flying on angel with a sun rise shining over the clouds it felt nice and calming, angel seemed to agree as she dreamily looked out at the different islands I just felt today was going to be a good one ... Well untill I noticed something unusual at one of the islands.

You see over the past month hiccup and his friends worked hard building the camp and most importantly secure nearby islands so that dragons could stay there and we were passing one of the bigger islands when I noticed something on one of the beaches, a large unusual ship was floating just off the coast and the beach was completely swarmed by men who seamed to have cages that at first I thought were empty but after a second look I realised they had dragons inside.

The boat was weirdly structured it looked like two boats one large boat with a smaller boat attached, it seams the small boat is used to land onto islands without getting stuck as it used ramps to extend out and let men off and on the boat, there was many buff men moving cages filled with gronckles onto the boat .

"Angel slow down ... We need to check that out" I stated she looked at me with concern and yeah usually I'd have my armour but I did expect dragon hunters "just recon we aren't going to engage" I stated and she seemed to be fine with that, we circled round to the other side of the island before landing then we moved through the rocky island that used to have hirds of gronckles sleeping and eating was now abandoned.

We continued to move slowly towards through the rocky environment till we had gotten to the beach, "MOVE IT MOVE IT ...I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THE DRAGONRIDERS COMING" one of the men said he looked different to the others he didn't have any weird helmet or much armour he did have a skull on his belt and he was bald with a mustache and a very small beard on his chin.

(This was the best image of him because my phone refused to download any other image)

He seamed to be the one incharge as he did no work when it came to pushing the caged gronckles instead he stood around with his arms crossed, me and angel moved from one rock to another rock in hopes that we could try and find out more about these guys but suddenly the boss guy started sniffing the air "what the hell is he doing?" I asked angel when he slowly looked at our rock I quickly ducked.

"hmmm... I have never smelt a dragon like that ... It's not a gronckle .... BOYS GO GET THAT DRAGON BEHIND THAT ROCK" the man shouted and I heard movement "angel we need to get going" I stated as I climbed onto her back she took flight, we tried to run but it was harder then we expected when nets and rocks and ropes and arrows are been fired at you from the men below.

Angel started to take evasive manoeuvres as I tried to hold on tight but without my armour angel can't do her trick because I'd get burnt and I'd be visible so she intensified her evasive manoeuvres, and now I realized why having a saddle would help in the long run as I felt my grip slip from angel and as that was it I slipped from her grasp and she was forced to leave me behind as I fell onto the sand extremely hard.

Hiccups p.o.v

I had called for a meeting because I felt we were doing something wrong, we all agreed that we don't want to get dryden involved for different reasons Astrid and snotlout just didn't like him because of his confidence then we had fishlegs wanted to study his dragon more before letting them head out on missions against the dragon riders.

The twins just ... Really liked him and they were just too dumb to understand what we were arguing about and me I was worried I'd lose him again.

We all stood in the mess hall around the round table "ok ... Guys I think it's time we inform Dryden more about the relic and the dragon hunters we are facing" I stated and I saw Astrid roll her eyes "why? I think things are going well" Astrid stated and snotlout nodded, "well I have the information about angel ... And I think that angel may be a subspecies of toothless ... Basically she might be our greatest assets against these hunters" fishlegs explained.

But before our argument could continue we heard a loud screech and suddenly the mess hall doors were blown open and in came angel she seemed to be in distress "hey hey what's wrong" I said walking up to angel slowly, toothless who had been asleep for most of this had now stood up and rushed over to angel they started making noises I had never heard "are they ... Talking?" Astrid asked as she came up to me.

"Maybe ... I don't know" I stated as I watched them communicating then just like angel toothless looked distressed, he came up to me and start to bump his head into me "what's wrong bud ?" I asked and he looked to angel then to me and I started to realise something "wait where is Dryden?" I asked and toothless nodded before lifting me up and onto his back.

Suddenly angel started to rush out then she started to fly I decided this must involve why Dryden was missing "go get your dragons and try to catch up" I ordered before clipping my foot in place and opening toothlesses tail wing letting him chase after angel.