041b - Revealing The Past

(041b - Revealing The Past.)

How do y'all like the new cover? It was my husband that made it, Donaldprince 🌚. Honey say Hi! 😌✨

I'm just mad anyhow 🤣. Biko, Dive in. Sha don't drown

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

Silence.

Complete Silence.

Total and Absolute Silence echoed through the large basketball court.

I wasn't sure if it was remotely possible for silence to echo because well... it's silence. Supposed to be soundless and not meant to echo. But that's how this one felt, like the silence of the large room was reverberating and bouncing on the concrete walls of the court.

That's how it has been since Chima and I got here, seated in the roomie and private space beneath the bleachers, cocooned in the silence as we sat cuddled up close against each other.

I was sitting between his legs with mine folded underneath me, my back pressed against his chest and my head resting back on his shoulder. He had his left hand wrapped around me from behind, his chin resting in the hollow of my neck with the fingers of his right hand buried in my hair.

He has been doing that since we got here, his fingers running through the curls of my hair as he ever so religiously, yet absent-mindedly massaged my scalp with the tips of his fingers, gently and tenderly. Even as he was unconscious of what he was doing, he seemed quite focused on it, as if he knew it would help me feel relaxed.

It did make me feel relaxed, almost putting me to sleep.

And I could really use hours of sleep after everything that has happened today.

I was trying so hard not to think about it, not to think about what TK had done to me, or everything Semeeha had said to me.

"That feels very nice," I whispered, breaking the silence with my eyes lids fluttering softly at the feel of his fingers through my hair.

Chima hummed in question, not knowing what I was talking about but still, his fingers didn't halt their soothing movement through my hair.

"What feels nice?" He asked, propping his head forward so I could turn to look at him better. I smiled, watching his lips mimic it in a nanosecond.

"Your fingers through my hair," I answered.

His fingers stopped moving as if he had just realized what he was doing, his hands leaving my head. I quickly grabbed his hand and placed it back on my head.