|| Chapter XXIX ||

Word Count : 1237 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( 10 Years Ago )
( (F/N) (L/N) POV )

***** Two Days Left *****

"You're going out again?"

I looked up at Father. Yui stayed by my side, clutching onto my pant pocket as tightly as she could.

"I'm sorry, (F/N)," my father said, gently ruffling my hair. "But it's important work. I can't miss it. Promise me that you'll be a good boy and take care of your sister?"

"Okay. I promise. Promise me that you'll come back before my birthday?"

I held out my pinkie finger, and my father smiled, before he intertwined our pinkies together. "I promise."

He stood up to leave, and kissed my mother goodbye.

Yuzuha-chan was standing by the doorway, with Father's coat and briefcase in her hands.

"I'll see you soon."

With that last farewell, he set out with his belongings, and Yuzuha-chan closed the door behind him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

That was the last time I ever saw my Father.

________________________________________________________________________________

( Yui POV )

I closed my eyes, awaiting my impending death.

I continued to wait.

And I waited for a bit longer.

And a bit more.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But it never came.

"You fucking snitch....."

I slowly opened my eyes.

My eyes widened at what I was seeing.

There he stood in front of me.

The man who was responsible for everything bad that had ever happened in our lives.

The man who was responsible for Tsuyu Asui's death.

The man who had orchestrated the entire operation at the USJ.

(F/N) (L/N).

But I could not believe what I was seeing.

"You fucker..... w-what are you doing....."

Stain scrunched up his face to an unreadable expression. My eyes trailed down his body, and I finally saw it.

A long katana, pierced straight through the villain's heart. Red, gruesome blood dripped down the pointed end of the sharpened blade.