34 | Lie

Monday

It was the first class of the day. A class with which you share with Suna.

You saw Suna walk through the door and you immediately averted your eyes to not give away you had noticed him.

You were dying.

Internally and externally.

You almost jumped in surprise when you heard the chair being pulled out next to you.

You looked up to see Suna, hopeful that this meant he wasn't avoiding you if he was taking the seat next to you.

"Oh, hey Suna!"

Whoops that was a bit too cheery.

He briefly looked at you and then looked away.

"Hey." He said monotonously, sitting down.

You bit the inside of your cheek to calm your nerves, while you sat there in awkward silence, wondering what you should say.

You glanced at Suna who leaned back in his chair, arms crossed and legs spread, staring at his shoes.

"Suna... I'm sorry."

Said boy drily laughed. "There's nothing to be sorry about. It was a joke. A bad one I guess."

"Besides you really thought I'd like an idiot like you? I have high standards." Suna continued with a humours tone, raising his eyebrows in amusement.

You blinked in confusion processing what he was saying.

It was definitely a lie. You knew it. He knew it.

Suna was trying to cover it up with humour you realised. He was giving both of you a way out of this awkward situation and you sure as hell were going to take it.

"At least this idiot has better jokes than your shitty ones." You remarked with a playful smirk, getting a scoff from Suna.

And just like that.

You and Suna talked like nothing had ever been wrong in the first place.

You were both taking the easy way out, turning a blind eye.

It was all one big lie.

═════════════ 🍙 ═════════════

We hate Atsumu
5:02pm

Kita
I am sorry everyone.

Atsumu
what for

oh?

Kita
I am a failure.

Aran
I highly doubt that

Suna
please explain 📸

Kita
I got a 99 on my Japanese test.

Suna
📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸📸