5.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

a slightly fruity chapter;)

<5.5>
dorcas meadowes

ALTHOUGH PETUNIA AND DORCAS never really talked, the blonde was still very grateful for the girl, especially as Dorcas would continuously shield her from Vernon.

And when Petunia would ask why, the girl would simply shrug, holding a small smile as she would respond, "I've seen the way you look at him, it is not good." then she would add, "And he looks at you if were simply an object." Petunia almost saw the girl scowl, "Which is also not good."

Petunia liked Dorcas.

After small chatter between the two, Marlene eventually joined them, having an almost distraught look on her face. "I don't understand her taste in men," She spoke in disgust, watching as Lily continued her conversation with Vernon. "I also don't understand why her taste is even in men." She finally stated, causing Petunia's eyes to widen and Dorcas to avoid Marlene's gaze.

     At the quiet response, Marlene looked back at the two, "What?" she laughed, finally catching Petunia's stare, "Oh, come on — it's obvious i'm gay, right?"

     Petunia didn't respond at first, still trying to process the words Marlene had just spoken, "I mean yes, but" she almost stuttered out, taking Marlene's tone out of context, "You have a thing for Lily?"

     Neither blonde knew that Dorcas was taking a sip just then, but they found out rather quickly as she choked on her water — spluttering out a "i'll be right back."

she left them pretty quickly.

Marlene bellowed out a laugh, wiping a fake tear from her eye. Petunia noted that she reminded her of Sirius. "Fancy Lily?" she spoke through her laughter, "Please, i'd rather snog you!" She was out of breath at this point.

Petunia's face grew hot.

Marlene's laughter died quickly.

"Petunia?" Her voice suddenly went quiet, "Are you—?"

"—No, no, well- I don't know" Petunia spoke through her flustered state, "I don't leave the house really, besides at night occasionally, but i've never kissed anyone, or, had the time to experience anything.." She was beginning to ramble, and Marlene listened to her understandingly, holding no judgement in her face.

"Would you like to experience?"

Petunia's face went warmer.

"Like, right now?"

The two glanced around the room, seeing as everyone was distracted in their own conversations. It would be highly unlikely if they noticed the two girl's disappearance.

And the two had the same idea, sharing a similar look before going towards the kitchen. Petunia's face stayed rather nervous and Marlene beamed a smile, gently holding onto her hand as she guided her towards the back door.

However, the two were stopped by Dorcas, who was patting away the water that spilled on her shirt. She looked up abruptly. "Why are you making that face," She started towards Marlene, then glanced back to a flustered Petunia, "You've scarred the girl, haven't you?"

"Not yet!" Marlene spoke back enthusiastically, "Actually, Petunia seems to want to experiment something." She continued quietly, watching as Dorcas's expression changed.

"Oh!" She smiled knowingly, "You want too?" She glanced back at Petunia, who nodded rather slowly.

To her honesty, Petunia had no idea what 'experimenting' meant.

A warm smile painted on Dorcas's face and she nodded towards the back door, "Would you want to do it outside, away from everyone?"

Again, she nodded slowly.

       The two witches stared back at the living room, making sure that no one was watching as they both pulled her outside — and Marlene quickly cursed, feeling the cold air hit her face.

      Petunia stood awkwardly back, not knowing what to do as the other two discussed, occasionally glancing at the girl.

      "Okay," Dorcas was the first to speak, slightly shaking at the cold wind. Marlene wrapped her arm around the girl, warming her slightly. She gave a pleased smile, "Are you sure you're comfortable?"

      Petunia went to nod, but Marlene shook her head, "We want a clear answer," She spoke encouragingly.

And Petunia was quiet for a moment.

"Yes."

      Marlene, with no nervousness, stepped forward — and out of habit, Petunia stepped back before mumbling a quick 'sorry' and stepped towards Marlene.

"Ready?"

      Petunia tried to nod, but once Marlene gave her a stern look, she mumbled a short "yes" instead.

And she showed a shy smile.

     And with that, Marlene took another step closer, Petunia joining her movement. Dorcas stayed quiet during their interaction, continuously giving an encouraging look at the blonde.

     The cold air no longer hit Petunia's face, mostly for the fact that it was now replaced with Marlene's warm breaths— that softly fanned against Petunia's rosy cheeks.

     Her heart was beating rapidly, but she tried to ignore it — instead keeping her focus on Marlene's blue eyes, which soon fluttered shut.

      And as gently as she could, Marlene parted her lids, softly pressing them against Petunias. And Petunia, with her eyes still opened, followed her actions soon after — shutting her lids as she kissed the girl back.

       Marlene's hands were on the girl's cheeks, furthering the burning sensation in Petunia's face — and Petunia kept her hands awkwardly to her side, not knowing where to put them.

Then she pulled away.

And Petunia smiled.
But then she frowned.

"Please tell me I wasn't bad.."

P.EVANS + J.POTTER