26 | Chain Reaction

Friday

Inarizaki was playing against Itachiyama and you lazily doodled on the note pad to keep up the pretence of doing your manager duties.

You looked up briefly to see how the game was going and luckily for you at that exact second you saw something absolutely incredible.

A volleyball came flying over from the other game which hit the ball which had just been served by Suna.

Consequently, the courses of both balls changed.

One bounced right back into Suna's face which he swore at.

It then dropped and bounced off his foot flying off again.

Meanwhile the other ball at the same time headed towards Atsumu who, so very unfortunately turned to see what had happened, resulting in it hitting right where the sun didn't shine.

He immediately cried out in pain, doubling over.

Osamu eyes widened and he actually laughed, breaking his cold, indifferent character as of yesterday.

Unluckily for Osamu though, the other ball which had bounced off of Suna's foot hit his jaw.

He stumbled for a second, not noticing the ball which had rolled out from Atsumu, he slipped right on it.

For a brief moment you swear he unironically looked like a chicken, flapping his arms mid air as he fell down.

The ball that had hit Osamu's jaw lay below just where he was about to fall and he landed right on top of it.

Somehow his whole body bounced back up only for him to fall again with a harsh thud.

You absolutely lost it.

"Nice kill Bo!!!!" You cheered, seeing him standing in shock, arm still out from hitting the ball which had caused all this chaos.

You immediately broke out into laughter almost wheezing, however you realised the coach glared at you making you notice no one else was laughing.

Did no one else see that? That was fucking comedy gold, I can't be the only person laughing.

People were rushing over to check if anyone had seriously hurt themselves.

You rolled your eyes internally, who cares if they're injured? This moment needs to be appreciated.

You noticed that Sakusa who stood right in front of Atsumu across the other side of the net was discreetly laughing under his mask.

You wondered if he was laughing because it was funny or because he was just sadistic and was laughing at their pain.

The latter seemed more likely, you thought.

Osamu groaned in pain and you realised he might've actually hurt himself.

And that's on karma

However as the manager you had brief training in using a med kit and determining injuries, so you were probably meant to be dealing with this.