Nineteen.

Heyyy I know. It's been a minute. I'm back though and my creative juices are flowing.

Enjoy and excuse any mistakes!

Naomi's POV

"Your godchildren are coming to stay with you for part of the summer." My granny says to me over the phone.

"No." I immediately said, extremely montoned.

"No?"

"No." I repeated although I was clear the first time.

"But you barely see them."

"I barely talk to their mom."

"You're still not over that situation? It's been almost two years. She says y'all squashed it."

My cousin and I got into it with each other at her son's birthday party. It ended in me ready to send her back to the party with an orange dress. Her dress was yellow. I'll let you connect the dots on that one...

"Sure. We squashed it." My granny enables her so I try to keep my comments to myself. She's perfect in her eyes. "I'm still going to be booked and busy this summer."

"That's so selfish. What did those kids do to you?"

"Nothing. It's not like I can separate the kids from the parent. So what do you want me to do?"

When it's up, it's stuck with me. Not necessarily beef but once you blatantly disrespect me, that's it. I will never let you get close to me ever again.

She's family and that's cute and all, but no. No ma'am.

"Put your differences aside for them so they can see you. She needs a break anyway."

See what I mean? What about me? After a long ass season, I don't need a break?

"Well alright then. I'm going to let you go head." I said and hung up right after before she could rebut.

This lady stresses me out. The whole family really. They don't know it but they bout to be outta here. They use me up way too much and I'm tired of it.

There was a knock on my hotel door and I answered it with a smile. "Hey Jordyn." We hugged.

Since the team is in L.A. for the new year and Jordyn is from out here, we linked up and she's taking us out.

"Hey girl. It's been a minute. How's the new team treating you?" She came in and sat down.

"It's been good. I can't complain. How's everything with you? I know you're liking being able to be with the home team."

"You know." She pointed at me. "Being with the Lakers is good. I mean not the record but being in the city is nice and being able to be close to home."

"I'm glad you're liking it though. What's the plans for tonight?"

"I'm thinking a party up in the hills. With you being in town, we could turn up for the one time."

"I like that. Is this like a celebrity event or it's real chill?"

"L.A. is small. I'm sure there will be some in there. Jasmine is coming too right?"

"Yeah. She's in the shower right now. Now as far as lunch, I'm thinking a food truck. Y'all got some good places out here honey and I wanna give them my money."

"You want tacos don't you?"

"And do." I love me some tacos and a street taco is right up my alley.

"Fine. I got a sweet tooth going on right now so some ice cream would be nice."