Doting you N.R

Your POV
Nat's work in SHIELD went longer than expected so I strolled around the mall window shopping while waiting for her. I went around the level as I was at looking through the window, glancing at the items displayed on the shelves.

At the corner of my eye, I noticed someone following me, I changed directions and walked into a store and using the mirror they have on the wall, I tried to identify who was following me but to no avail.

Hiding behind the shelving, I tried sticking my head out to see who was following me but saw no one suspicious. A tap on my shoulder caused me to scream out loud until I saw who it was from.

"Nat!" I slapped her arm.

She laughed at my demise and pulled me out of the store. "You can never surpass me." Nat cheekily said as she pecked my cheeks.

"How was work?" I asked her.

"It was alright, Fury was talking too much though..." She placed an arm around my shoulders as we walked towards the restaurant.

"Here, I got you a gift before I came." She showed me a black paper bag and I glanced at her before opening it.

I gasped when I saw what was in it. "You bought me the designer dress?!"

"Yeah. Each time you walked past it you would always slow down your steps to take a longer look but step further away as if you didn't want to pressure me into buying them." Nat explained skillfully.

"Well this is expensive." I muttered still looking into the bag.

"Come on, you know I can afford it." Nat brushed it off and we continued walking forward shoulder to shoulder. "I just wanted to thank you for being so patient with me, I know not everyone would do that. Almost each time I'm late for our date, ditch our date at the last minute for a mission or not answer your calls and text but I would never hear a word of complaint from you. I would never find someone as understanding as you."

"That's nice but I wear M and you bought S." I teased her, knowing full well that she knows I wear S.

"Oh really? That's too bad. This is a non-refundable item. I guess I have to get you another." Nat snaked her hand around and started tickling me.

"Nat! Stop, we are in the public!" I laughed and squirmed away from her touch.

---

"Okay, just let me call someone." I negotiated with my captor. He has treated me well so far, other than binding me to the chair, he has not done anything. He looked at his buddies before passing me the phone. I keyed in Nat's number and she answered almost immediately.

"NAT...."

"Oh my god Y/N, you got kidnapped again?" Nat realised when I called her using another number.

"It's not my fault you have so much information." I whined. I was walking on the street minding my own business when I got drugged and dragged into a thinted van.

"Okay. I'll come and get you, don't do anything." She instructed.

"But-"

"No buts. I'm coming."

I sighed and looked at the captor, signalling him to take the phone away. "You're nothing but a pretty face."

"Thanks. My girlfriend tells me that too." I gave him a smug look and smirked.

Suddenly, shots rang and his buddy dropped to the floor abruptly. He looked around to find where the shots came from. "Your six o'clock." I assist him with a smile. He turned to his back only to be met with a shot to his head.

His body fell backwards revealing a beautiful sight of my girlfriend striding towards me.

"Nat..." I pouted and she kissed it away.

"Come on, baby." Nat untied my arms and carried me out bridal style even though I was more than capable to do so.

"I could have killed them too, you know?" I questioned her in her arms.

"I know. But I want to do it for you."

Written on 11 Jan 2022
Posted on 10 Jul 2022

First part inspired by Sinister Beings (Hong Kong drama).
Second part inspired by tiktok