21 yeah, my boyfriend's pretty cool

yeah, my boyfriend's pretty cool,
but he's not as cool as me.
'cause i'm a brooklyn baby
LANA DEL RAY

'cause i'm a brooklyn baby— LANA DEL RAY

CHAPTER 21 DETECTIVE TYPE?

it was another ordinary day at the host club, except for scaramouche, who was nowhere to be found at the time

they were as a matter of fact brainstorming ideas as the day of halloween is quick drawing closer.

"what... why do your guys' halloween is just a normal tea party? isn't that boring?" you wondered, folding your arms and focusing on the vampire costume illustrations done by albedo on the table.

"it's standard etiquette for any day of celebration, and it's been that way since the institution was founded," albedo stated as he finished another illustration.

he then tore it out of his sketchbook and placed it on the table next to his other drawing.

"oh and venti, we won't be in the host club for halloween. our class chose to organize a game of trust for tonight, and we have a lot of preparations to make," the painter continued.

prompting venti to gasp in astonishment and betrayal, "again?! you people are constantly leaving us!" a pout developed on venti's lips,

"it sounds like fun," aether said, ignoring venti's glares and whining. "good luck with the preparations, albedo, xiao, and y/n."

"thank you, and good luck draining people's blood as well," you joked, picturing the clients shrieking.

the sound of the door banging open drew their attention just as venti was about to say anything. as the indigo-haired man entered, it was clear who it was, and he was followed by another recognizable face.

the auburn-colored hair bobbing off his shoulders and his olive-green eyes gleaming in delight once his eyes lay on the h/c-haired girl who remained unfazed by his unexpected appearance.

"y/n!"

his arms were flung over your petite form as heizou approached you.

half of them glared at him as scaramouche hurled out a groan, irritated by the fact that he was so touchy to y/n and how he followed him the entire way here.

"the host club is now closed, go out!" venti approached the clutching boy, attempting to tear his hands away from y/n, also adding, "get your disgusting germs away from her, too!"

"germs? that's offensive, i'm a detective, i have to be neat most of the time, but i can't say the same for yourself," heizou replied, releasing you from his grip and pointing to venti's scrunched-up necktie around his neck.