Kokonoi // Broken Sonnet

"What?" Kokonoi furrowed his brows while drinking his bourbon. You're at the bar counter of his playroom, hanging out with him.

"Nothing. I'm just memorizing that ugly face of yours." You chuckled.

"You're weird! I don't know why we're still friends until now."

"Ha! Because I'm the only one who can tolerate your sassy ass."

"Whatever!" Koko smirked as he poured himself another glass of drink.

"By the way, how's your sleeping pattern?"

"Ah! It's been days and I'm only getting 2-3 hours of sleep." You answered as you chug your beer.

"I told you to lessen your caffeine intake."

"I did! I only drink three cups of coffee a day."

"That's still many for you."

"Why are you scolding me like my father?" You pout and Koko just sighed.

You and Koko were childhood best friends. You were his first friend when he moved into your neighborhood. And looking back, it's funny that your first encounter is quite... disastrous.

Your curiosity took the best of you that you climbed a tree to have a good look at the new kid. While searching, your eyes spot him through his bathroom window, opening his pants to take a leak. Koko felt the presence of someone watching him and he lookup. Your eyes met and stared at each other for a good ten seconds. To your panic, you shouted and covered your eyes, making you wobble from the branch that you were standing on and fall from the tree. You're lucky that it's not that high.

Your father was so embarrassed while talking to Koko's parents, apologizing for your bad behavior. Good thing that they were nice and understood that you were only curious about the new kid.

Koko snob you since then but you didn't give up. You keep talking to him even if he treated you with cold shoulders. then eventually, due to your persistence, he gave up ignoring you and you both started being friends.

here you are now, fifteen years later, both have stable careers and bright futures ahead. He's your go-to when things get tough and he never fails to be there for you. Whether it's just to listen to your never-ending rant or console you for your broken heart. He's always there... And you are too. You never left his side, cheering him on everything he dreams about. Watch him achieve all of it with a proud smile on your face.

"You drank too much again, y/n." Koko carried you to his guestroom which became your own bedroom. This is where you sleep everytime you go to his place to hang out.

He laid you on the bed and removed your shoes. He then covered you with a blanket and stared at your sleeping face. "When will you see at me as a man, y/n? I've been waiting for you for fifteen years." He whispered as he removed the strands of your hair away from your face.

"You keep looking away. I'm just here..." He said in a sad tone. After a while, he stood up and closed the light before stepping outside the room.

When you heard the door close, you slowly opened your eyes.

"Koko! I found you a date for Valentine!" You slammed his apartment door open and walked toward him with a big smile on your face. He's topless and cooking his breakfast.

"I don't want a date." Koko coldly said and faced you. He then leaned a little closer to get the salt from the cupboard above you. You slowly lean backward as his bare skin is too close. Ahhh, the just-got-out-of-the-shower smell. Your face suddenly blushes from your thoughts and the sight of his toned, naked body.