6

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

for the previous chapter — any homophobic comments will be deleted <3

trigger warning - drug use

<6>
i smell weed!

       DINNER CAME AND WENT AND Petunia felt a yawn escape her lips. Or a fake yawn, if she was being honest. Both Marlene and Dorcas sat on either side of the girl, blocking any chance of Vernon sitting next to her — and although he had been giving attention to Lily for most of the night, he did seem annoyed at the fact.

Though, his irritation only grew once Peter, who also noticed this, sat right in front of her — avoiding Vernon's accusing eye in the process.

Petunia mouthed a small thank you to him.

      Both James and Sirius were in deep conversation, mentioning something about their friend, Remus — someone she'd never heard of.

      And by the looks on their faces, Petunia knew it was a serious chat — especially when not a single laugh was shared between the two. Petunia decided it would be too rude to eavesdrop.

      So that's why she faked a yawn and mumbled a short goodnight.

      The ones who had heard her wished her a goodnight back, but for the rest, they didn't even realize her disappearance — and Petunia didn't mind that.

Once she entered her room, locking the door behind her, Petunia squinted through the darkness — now feeling grateful for her ring as it was the only source of light she currently had.

And as the same yellow continued to glow, Petunia found her light switch — flicking on the light easily.

     Frost was still graced on her window, but she pretended not to notice as she pushed it open, inviting in the cold air.

And then she went to her drawer.

     Though it was rather risky, the blonde felt a longing for the drug she came almost dependent on. And since she only had a little left, she didn't think it would cause that much of a problem to finish the small amount left.

Especially as everyone else was distracted.

     So, as she placed the rolled up blunt between her lips, lighting it with a small lighter — Petunia inhaled deeply before placing her head out the window, blowing the smoke from her nose shortly after.

     The burning sensation flowed through her nostrils, but as she was all too used to the feeling, she didn't care — and she inhaled again.

     Petunia continued these actions for the next few minutes, enjoying the silence that filled the air — though, her enjoyment didn't last long as feet peddled loudly to her door, somehow opening it.

      "I smell weed!" Two voices spoke in unison, and Petunia visibly jumped at the sound, dropping the last of the blunt outside — right into the snow.

      "Announce it, would ya!" Her voice was stern, yet soft as she glared at the two boys, "I locked that— how did you?" She mumbled shortly, pushing past them as she relocked the door.

     The two didn't seem to mind her words as she continued her short rant, and instead looked around. Petunia watched them curiously.

    "Well, where is it?" James was first to speak, pushing up his rounded glasses as they fell lower on his nose.

     Sirius was still quiet, making his way to the window and peaking down before letting a frown adorn his face.

     "She bloody dropped it!" He dramatically gasped, earning a 'sh' from Petunia. And James replied with a "For Merlin's sake," which then earned a 'who's Merlin?' soon after.

Her question was not answered, but instead overrun from a new question. "Do you have any more?" James asked shortly, and Petunia shook her head no, seeing as the two shook their heads in disappointment.

     "Wasn't expecting you to have some to begin with, Tuna," Sirius lightly taunted, and James looked suddenly guilty as Petunia shot him a glare. She hated that nickname. "Lily would never be spot with—"

     "—Please, no comparisons with my sister," Petunia mumbled back, frowning slightly, "I get that enough from my parents."

     The two went silent at her words, and Petunia suddenly felt awkward in that moment, wishing she hadn't just said that.

      "Any who," She spoke again, "I can get more tomorrow, if—" she paused "and only if—" Petunia stated rather dramatically, "You keep this between us."

       "And Peter," Sirius added quickly, earning an eager nod from James. "Oh! oh- sorry" James quickly apologized for being too loud, "And Remus — especially with the past few days he's had."

    Petunia looked between the two, absolutely confused on who Remus was — or about his supposed bad few days, but decided not to question it and instead nodded shortly.

"Okay," She responded shortly, "But again—"

"We won't say a word."

introducing soon : remus lupin
P.EVANS + J.POTTER