C H A P T E R 2 5

"How could any of us even trust each other?" Katniss asks, not too fond of the whole 'ally' thing.

"It's not about trust. It's about staying alive." Haymitch tries to talk some sense into her.

"Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister. District 1. They won back-to-back Games. Capitol favourites. Lots of sponsors. They will be lethal.
And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enoboria."

"What's with her teeth?" Katniss questions.

"She had them filed into fangs so she could rip peoples throats out," Haymitch replies casually.

"She's committed I'll give her that," Peeta mutters.

"Wiress and Beetee. Not fighters, but brilliant. And weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his games by electrocuting six Tributes at once.
The Morphlings. Masters of camouflage. Basically won their games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since. Which I applaud. Not a threat."

The screen switches, "Finnick Odair, right?"

"Yes he won his games at 14. Youngest ever. Extremely humble." Haymitch jokes.

"You're kidding." Katniss says unamused.

"Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock. A total preener." Haymitch mockingly flicks his hair, "But he's the Capitol darling. They love him here. The ultimate favourite Victor. Charming, smart, and very skilled at combat. Especially in water."

"What about weaknesses?" Peeta asks, intimidated.

"One. Jessica Miller, the other tribute from 4. She actually is humble, and obviously pretty, she excels with knives and twin blades but she can use any weapon available. She not only volunteered for Annie ,both her and Finnick's friend, but they are also supposedly dating. Anyone with eyes can tell they're in love, they just haven't realised it yet. Maybe it'll be too late when they do. However, she can also be one of his strengths. Considering that's she's more than capable of taking care of herself."

"This is the Hunger Games, I bet when it really comes down to it, he won't protect her." Katniss says.

"I wouldn't underestimate their bond, Katniss, but, if she was to go, I'd hope she went quickly. We've only spoke a couple of times but she's actually a very good person. Selfless, kind, smart and impeccable aim."

AN: the parade will be the next chapter/s