C H A P T E R 2 6

As Brayden and Valeria were touching up their masterpiece that was Jessica Miller, Finnick decided to go mingle before he started to drool at the brunette besides him. As he spotted the Girl on Fire, he smirked, "Katniss."

She turns, a look of pure poison in her eyes making his smirk widen in amusement, "Hello, Finnick."

"Do you want a sugar cube?" He asked, feigning innocence, "I mean, it's supposed to be for the horses, but I mean, who cares about them, right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I.. well if we see something sweet, we better grab it."

"No thanks. But I would love to borrow that outfit someday." She says, getting irritated now.

"You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to the pretty little girl dresses?" He mocks.

"I outgrew them," she starts to raise her voice.

"You certainly did. Shame about this Quell thing. Now, you, you could've made out like a bandit in the Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted," he purposely provokes.

"Well I don't like jewels and I have more money than I need, so.. what did you do with all your wealth, anyway?"

"I haven't dealt with anything as common as money in years."

"Then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?" She bites back.

Finnick steps forward to purposely annoy the girl further, "with secrets," he whispers, "what about you, girl on fire? Any secrets worth my time?"

"I'm an open book. Everybody always seems to know my secrets before I know them myself." She speaks, honestly.

"Unfortunately, I think that's true."

Jessica, who had been listening to Johanna complain about her designer, spotted the smoke coming off of Katniss and decided to go help. She excused herself before heading over to the girl on fire.

"Hi Katniss, I'm Jessica Miller, it's nice to finally meet the person nobodies been able to shut up about," Jessica introduces herself with a smile on her face.

Jessica's smile was so contagious, it almost made Katniss smile. Almost. The girl on fire observed the people in front of her. The irritating male known as Finnick Odair who, just seconds ago, was annoying the shit out of her, had now turned his complete and undivided attention to the girl by his side. His sea-green eyes never left Jessica. She used to watch their interviews on tv and would always wish to love someone that much. Seeing it now in person, she knew it was real, despite the pair not actually being together yet. Yet.

"Yeah, you too." She replied rather blandly, annoyance still in her tone.

"Sorry about the wedding, I know how devastating that must be for you," Finnick pops a sugar cube in his mouth.

Jessica turns to Finnick, "Johanna's over there, why don't you go talk to her."

"But-" Finnick tries to argue.

"Nope. Go, now," she playfully pushes him away as he reached out for her.

Once Finnick was gone, she turned back to the raven haired girl in front of her, "I'm sorry about him. He is a good guy, I swear. He just doesn't know when to stop," she laughs and Katniss finds herself smiling.

As Peeta and Cinna approach and stand with the two, Peeta standing by Katniss' side, "well, I should get going, I'm sorry about the wedding," she brings Katniss into a hug and whispers loud enough that only she, and probably Peeta, can hear, "it doesn't matter if it was real or not, and that's none of my business, it's still a shitty predicament."

She pulls away and smiles kindly and, to all of their surprise, including hers herself, Katniss smiled back. Like a genuine smile.

"It was lovely meeting you Katniss, Peeta," she nods to the two before turning to Cinna and smiling politely, "my designer, Brayden, just admires your work, he'd love to meet you."

"And I him, I'll keep a lookout for him," he smiles back at the girl widely, watching her walk away.

Jessica Miller tended to have that affect on people. Wether it's her contagious smile or positive attitude, she was always able to make those around her smile. Even someone as serious and closed off as Katniss Everdeen.

She walked back over to Finnick, who was still pouting slightly, and Johanna, who seemed amused by the blonde.

As she approached, Johanna smirked at her, "I best get going, see you around sweetheart."

A smirk naturally finds a way to Jessica's face, "bye darling."

She turns to a pouting Finnick before kissing him lightly on the cheek, "oh, come on Peacock."

A smirk and light, almost nonexistent, blush makes its way to his face as she takes his hand in her own and drags him over to their carriage. The kiss on his cheek, his hand in hers, could he be more in love, he thought to himself.

She wore a navy blue coloured tube top with matching heels and a long skirt with a slit down one leg, which was the same blue colour, resembling the ocean at night back home. She looked exquisite. Her face consisted of the same blue eyeshadow with some silver glittery eyeliner, resembling the moon and stats, and short black lashes.

Finnick was just about wearing clothes. He wore his usual two necklaces, one is a silver triangle shape, the other is full of dark blue stones matching Jessica's dress. The fabrics of his 'shorts', as you could call them, looked like a fishnet. They just about covered what needed to be and a little bit extra, almost like a speedo.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look?" He compliments.

"I can't remember, you'll have to do it again," she teased.

He smiles down at her, "you look beautiful."

"Wow, that caught me off guard, I'm blushing," she smirks, teasing him.

He rolls his eyes, helping her on the carriage, "ladies first."

"What a gentleman," she smiles.

"Always."

AN: idk about you but I love this chapter. Idk why it's just cute lols