Chapter 63 - papaya?

- Third POV -

"Hi Aunt Wu! Sorry to bother you"

"Any time" Replies Aunt Wu calmly.

"About this person I'm supposed to marry...are they going to be handsome?" Asks Katara awkwardly as she starts to blush.

"You want another reading?" Asks the woman.

"Yes, please!" Beams Katara. The two enter the room and close the door behind them.

"I can't believe all these saps! Someone really needs to scream some sense into them" Grunts Sokka annoyed.

"Would you please calm down" Sighs Mizuki annoyed.

"They seem happy, Sokka" Replies Aang.

"Not for long. I'm going to prove Aunt Wu's predictions are nonsense" Sokka walks over to a random villager while Mizuki facepalms.

"Hey you, I bet Aunt Wu told you to wear those red shoes, didn't she?" Asks Sokka.

"Yeah. She said I'd be wearing red shoes when I met my true love" Answers the man dreamily.

"Uh huh...and how many times have you worn those shoes since you got that fortune?" Continues Sokka.

"Everyday" Replies the man sheepisly.

"I don't wanna be part of this, let's go Aang" Says Mizuki as she grabs Aang's arm and pulls him along with her.

"Then of course it's gonna come true!" Snaps Sokka angrily.

"Really? You think so? I'm so excited!" Beams the man happily before walking away. Sokka kicks a nearby stone out of anger. The stone ends up hitting a turkey duck, which flies towards Sokka and begins attacking him.

<meanwhile>

"And then you will have your third great-grandchild before quietly passing away in your sleep. Is that enough information for you?" Says Aunt Wu, who does not seem particularly happy.

"Wow, thanks Aunt Wu" Beams Katara as she stands up and walks towards the door. However, before she exits the room she turns around to face Aunt Wu.

"Oh wait, one more thing. How warmly should I dress tomorrow?" Asks Katara.

"You want me to do a reading for that?" Sighs Aunt Wu.

❀❀❀

"I don't care what Aunt Wu told you! You have to take a bath sometime!" Shouts Sokka frustrated at a man who's covered in dirt. The man shrugs in reply and walks away.

"Hey, uhm...your name is Sokka, right?" Says Tora as he approaches Sokka.

"Yep, that's me" Replies Sokka as he looks at the guy standing in front of him.

"Aren't you the guy who works with Aunt Wu?" Asks Sokka annoyed.

"Not really, my little sister Meng is her assistant. I just visit them for the food" Explains Tora.

"Fair enough, their curd puffs are really good" Chuckles Sokka.

"Yeah haha. Oh, I think your friends are calling for you" Tora points at Mizuki, Aang and Katara who are standing next to a booth. Mizuki's waving at the duo.

"They're probably discussing about what food they're going to buy" Mentions Sokka as he looks at his friends.

"I'm gonna go check on them, I'll be right back" Sokka starts walking towards his friends, leaving a blushing Tora behind. He's really handsome...I'm kinda jealous.

"Mango or papaya..." Mumbles Katara as she looks at the fruits.

"I say we buy mango! The mango looks better" Exclaims Mizuki as she grabs the fruit and gives it to Aang, who's carrying a basket filled with fruits.

"But Aunt Wu said-" Katara gets cut off by Sokka.

"Katara, really? Just get the mango. You don't even like papaya" States Sokka annoyed.

"Okay I guess" Sighs Katara as she continues to walk to the next booth.

"Guys please make sure she doesn't go to that Aunt Wu" Pleads Sokka dramatically.

"I don't see a problem with it" Shrugs Aang as he walks away.

"Mimi-" Sokka gets cut off by Mizuki.

"Sokka, she'll be fine. Why don't you go back to Tora, I think he's waiting for you" Suggests Mizuki.

"Right, byee!" Sokka goes back to Tora, who had been waiting for him.

"Sorry, it took a while" Apologizes Sokka while Tora raises his hands in protest.

"It's fine, don't worry" Reassures Tora while Sokka starts to grin.

"I saw you blushing you know" Teases Sokka, causing Tora to blush even more.

"I wasn't!" Stutters Tora.

"So, which one is it? Mizuki or Katara?" Asks Sokka in a stern tone while Tora gulps nervously.

"They're both really pretty-" Tora gets cut off by Sokka.

"Yeah, they are. But that wasn't my question" Continues Sokka as he slightly glares at Tora. Why is he avoiding my question?

"It's not them haha, it's actually...uh, my neighbor" Answers Tora awkwardly.

"Oh okay, my bad dude. I thought you wanted to talk to me because you wanted to know more about my sister, or Mizuki" Admits Sokka sheepisly as he rubs the back of his head.

"Oh- no, that's not it! I just wanted uhm, nevermind" Chuckles Tora embarrassed.

"What is it? You can tell me" Reassures Sokka while Tora sweatdrops.

"Well, uhm...Sokka, you know some stuff about...ladies, right?" Asks Tora.

"Some stuff? You've come to the right place. What can I do for you" Says Sokka smugly as he places an arm around Tora's shoulder.

"Well, there's this...girl, yeah" Replies Tora.

"Okay, go on"

"Soo, what do I do? I really like them but I'm not sure if they like me back" Admits Tora.

"You seem like a cool guy so I'm sure she'll like you back. All you have to do is not mess it up" Tora sweatdrops, he makes it sound so easy.

"Well, how do I do that?" Asks Tora.

"The number once mistake nice guys like you make; being too nice" Begins Sokka.

"You can be too nice?" Says Tora in disbelief.

"Yep. If you want to keep her interested, you have to act aloof, like you don't really care one way or the other" States Sokka confidently.

"Well, okay..." Mumbles Tora. I'm having second thoughts about asking Sokka for advice. Sokka lets go of Tora's shoulders as a girl approaches them.

"Hey Tora-" The girl gets cut off.

"No I'm not coming to Meng's tea party" Scoffs Tora annoyed before he walks away.

"But Tora, we made biscuits!" Shouts the girl annoyed.

"Wow that guy is good" Says Sokka impressed.

To be continued

Word count: 989