8.

~ K I N S L E Y ' S P O V ~

I panted, running more and more out of breath by the second. He almost caught me. I told myself to keep running, to keep going so he couldn't catch me and do bad things. I can't give up, not now, not yet. I've made it so far.
'You can't run much longer little one.'

I jumped up, sweat present on just about every inch of my body. I took in my surroundings, though it didn't do much seeing how it was dark.

Luca was sleeping peacefully next to me. I don't know how one sleeps so peacefully, I wake up at least twice every night due to these nightmares.

After thinking for what seemed like nine years, I decided on trying to find my way to the kitchen for some water.

Only one problem.

I don't exactly know where anything is yet. I looked at the small digital clock sitting on the bed side table. It read 2:45.

I slowly got out of the ginormous bed and made my way to one of the many doors in the room. The first door I opened was a bathroom. The next door I opened was the one to the familiar lighted hallway.

I made my way along the hallway, gliding my hand across the colored wall that was a weird texture.

After walking down at least 50 steps, I made my way to another long hallway. But before I turned the corner, there were some whispers coming from the kitchen.

"She's obviously gone through something for her to be acting like that! Come on what were you thinking, bringing a stranger into our house." One of them said.

"Sei stupido! She looks exactly like Teo!" Another says. "Yea, that's true but what if shes a spy or something? And looking like Teo doesn't mean anything!" The other voice says. I furrowed my eyebrows. I may be a little naïve but i'm not that stupid.

"I'm not telling you again boy! She's your sister! You need to respect he-" "Respect? The girl doesn't even talk! She doesn't even make eye contact. How am I supposed to do anything when she wont even talk to me."

"That's the thing, you haven't even tried talking to her." A new voice said.

I've had enough of this conversation. I walked in the room, rubbing my eyes to pretend a little more.

I've done this once or twice before but every time i've gone it, i've always gotten into big trouble or I would have been locked up.

"Kins-" Andrea said, clearing his throat. "What are you doing awake, it's late ?" He asked, looking at the other two guys which happened to be Father and Roman.

   "I'm just getting water." I said, looking at the ground. "Let me get you a glass." He said, walking towards me. I moved out of the way, moving my gaze towards Roman.

   He avoided eye contact and i'm surprised I even looked over there. "Here, and do you need anything else?" Andrea asked.

   I looked up at him, "Nope." I grabbed the glass from his hand and made my way to my own room. I don't know why them talking about me has made me mad.

   They have every right to talk about me. I'm a stranger to them and they're all strangers to me. "I think we fucked up." Roman whispered. "You think?"

I wish I could go back home. 

Home.

________________________________

This is a short and sloppy part but i've been away for a hot minute and needed to post something to get back into the groove of things.

Thank you for reading!

<3 ~ K