Chapter 47 | Coming To Blows

The crowd turned into a blur around me as my ears started to ring, shock overcoming me as Amelia shook with anger, morphing into her small light coloured wolf, stalking towards my brother with her teeth bared, saliva dripping from her lips.

Her loud growl erupted through the room, causing everyone to panic, moving as far away from her as possible, the room now silent besides from Amelia's growling and the thumping beat of the music.

Dylan growled lowly in his chest, charging towards Amelia, with Dean, Ethan and Charles closely behind, their chest puffed out.

"Amelia, step away from Jared," ordered Dylan, his Alpha tone dripping off his tongue, causing multiple wolves in the room to automatically bow their heads involuntarily.

Amelia ignored Dylan, moving forwards until she was face to face with her mate, her eyes holding anguish and sorrow, but the loud aggressive noises exiting her mouth saying otherwise.

"What are you doing, Amelia?" asked Jared, shaking his head, glaring his mate right in the eyes, not a single ounce of fear masking his face. "You won't hurt me, come on. Shift back."

"Amelia, I've asked you once now! Shift back now or I'll use force!"

I rushed forward, my Luna instincts kicking in, causing me to stride over to my brother in confidence, but Dylan grabbed before I could make my way past him.

"No you don't," he said, pushing me behind him, nodding over to Dean to make sure I didn't try and slip past him when he wasn't looking.

"Don't even think about it," I growled at Dean, watching his hands twitch as if he was about to pull me back.

"Amelia, step away from my brother. This type of behaviour is not tolerated," I announced loudly, which caused Amelia to turn to me, growling.

"Did you just growl at your Luna?" spat my mate, his teeth gritted, the muscle in his jaw twitching as he spoke.

My brother chuckled, wheeling backwards away from his mate, grabbing another drink from the table, taking a swig. "You're embarrassing yourself, Amelia."

"That's it, I've had enough," huffed Dylan, stalking towards Amelia, causing her to back up into the wall, her wolf's rump hitting it harshly.

"I. Said. Shift. Back. Now!" ordered my mate, each word sounding like venom, causing Amelia to finally bow her head, her teeth still showing as she attempted to fight Dylan's Alpha orders, but she couldn't, and she eventually shifted back, laying naked on the cold wooden floor.

I heard Jared growl, obviously not liking the fact that everyone could see his mate's naked body, but he pushed it aside, turning away from her, his eyes still unable to focus on anything.

"Leave," snarled Dylan, nodding towards the door.

"Jared, did you really mean what you said?! Why would you even say that? Do you know how cruel that is?! I want to try again!" cried Amelia, her body shaking with anger as her eyes welled up with tears.

It was a painful situation to watch, knowing how unusual it was for Amelia to show her vulnerability; a hard-as-nails facade being the norm for her.

Everyone gazed at Jared, waiting for his reply, however, he only dropped his head, attempting to avoid the question.

"Answer me, dammit! Don't be a coward! Answer me Jared!"

After a few more seconds of silence from my brother, I sighed, gazing over at my mate pleadingly, not wanting Jared to go through this turmoil anymore. He didn't deserve it.

"You can't even answer me, can you? If you're going to reject me then do it you coward! I fucking dare you Jared!"

"Dean," mumbled Dylan, Dean instantly rushing over and helping my mate to grab Amelia, dragging her kicking and yelling body out of the room, slamming the front door shut behind them.